[1.6] "MAYBE"

[1.6] "MAYBE"
*****

FREYA WEAVED THROUGH PEOPLE AS SHE BOLTED STRAIGHT TOWARDS THE LAB. "Sorry!" Freya squeaked as she continuously bumped into people. Although she didn't believe she should be sorry, she was about to save their asses. When Freya found herself in the lab she froze, seeing the whole team and Fury were there and all tense, staring at Bruce as he held Loki's sceptre in his hands.

Bruce gripped the sceptre tight. "In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried! I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I  focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" Bruce looked in Natasha's direction and became visibly more upset. "You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?"

'What the hell did I just walk into,' Freya thought as she saw out of the corner of  her eye Natasha and Fury subtly reaching for their guns in the holsters attached to them.  She also saw Tony, Thor and Steve tense up, ready if anything starts to get ugly. Freya remained calm and also braced herself since she knew something could get ugly any minute. Especially if Banner's other self came out. But Freya also knew she had to tell everyone what Loki had told her before it was too late. She couldn't exactly do it now however. They all had to deal with this situation first.

Steve took a singular step forward. "Doctor Banner," He said calmly,  "Put down the scepter." Bruce looked like he snapped out of a trance and looked around to everyone with a puzzled expression plastered on his face before his gaze locked with the scepter in his hand.

A loud beeping pierced the room, causing Freya to nearly jump out of her skin. She was never one for loud unexpected noises. Everyone turned to the source of the noise, which turned out to be a computer. Bruce put down the scepter and rushed to the computer mumbling, "Sorry kids, you don't get to see my little party trick after all."

"Guys we have-" Freya was interrupted by Thor's voice booming over hers.

"Located the Tesseract?"

Everyone's voices start to overlap each other. Tony and Steve were arguing and squaring each other up while Fury, Nat and Thor were awaiting the news of the whereabouts of  the Tesseract.

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard, no human is a match for it." Thor declared.

On the over side of the room, Tony turned to leave, but before he could Steve grabbed onto Tony's arm and forcefully turned him around. "You're not going alone!"

Tony shoved Steve's arm away almost immediately as if Steve's hand was a flame burning him. "You gonna stop me?

"Guys-"

Freya's efforts were yet again interrupted when Steve took a step closer to Tony, jaw clenched. "Put on the suit, let's find out."

Tony took a step closer to Steve as well, their faces were barely an inch apart as he threatenly said, "I'm not afraid to hit an old man."

"Oh, my God.." Bruce muttered, but before he could continue Freya finally had enough. She made her way to the center of the lab.

"GUYS STOP!" Freya yelled and finally gathered the attention of her team. They all snapped their heads in her direction, some looking startled and Freya knew why. She felt the tingling within her clenched fists, and she could feel her blazing glare. She let the fire within her fuel her temper, but Freya didn't care. She also didn't care if she looked frightening, she needed to tell them.

"Stop fighting and listen to me! Loki is planning on escaping and he was going to-"

That's when it happened. A burning blast exploded through the center of the room and right under Freya's feet, causing everyone to fly in different directions. Freya felt herself being lifted off the ground, the flames from the explosion engulfing her in a warm embrace as she flew forwards. Her head roughly collided with a metal table before meeting the steel ground.