[1.2] "WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP?"

***

WHEN FREYA HEARD THE BELL RING FOR LUNCH, dread filled inside her. She knew now that she was going to have to tell Maddie what happened. Freya had no clue how to explain what just happened and now she knew that Maddie wouldn't let her forget that she promised to tell.

"Remember kids!" Mr. Davisson yelled to the class as Freya, Maddie and the rest of the class scrambled out of the classroom, "We have to meet at the school bus stop by seven o'clock on Wednesday. The bus waits for no one!"

Freya gathered her things rather quickly and walked silently with Maddie straight towards their lockers, which were not far from each other's. Freya was too busy thinking of how she was going to explain what happened to Maddie that Freya did not see the boy in front of her. They collided together and their things went crashing to the floor.

"I'm so sorry..." Freya looked to see who it was and saw that it was Peter, a skinny boy from her P.E and Science class. He was cute but she didn't really know him. "I'm sorry Peter."

They both bent down to pick up their stuff. Freya handed him some of his stuff and he took it with gratitude, nodding and saying, "Thank you."

Freya smiled up to him, "You're welcome." While she collected the rest of her stuff there was a high pitched "ahem" and tapping of high heels. Freya groaned and looked up to see Maddie standing over her, her arms crossed and giving Freya an irritated look. Freya already knew that Maddie was growing impatient waiting for the news. Freya stood up and the two waited until Peter had walked away before starting to speak and finish the walk to their lockers..

"Okay, firstly," Maddie said once Peter was well out of earshot and held one finger up. "Parker's clothes. Can you burn them please? They're atrocious." Maddie was the type of girl who really appreciated fashion and gossip to a disturbing level. It got to such a disturbing point that Maddie practically knew everything about everyone and because Freya was her best friend, Freya knew everything about everyone too. When it came to fashion, however, Maddie was judgemental, picky and harsh when it came to whatever fashion choices Freya made. Freya learnt over the years to just accept it and move on.

Freya rolled her eyes, "His clothes weren't that bad Maddie, you're overreacting."

Maddie ignored her and continued speaking, "Secondly, when are you gonna tell me what happened back there? And how you got those scratches and that bruise?"

Freya sighed and opened her locker, shoving her things inside, "When I figure out how to explain what the hell just happened, hold your horses."

"Are you going to tell Brody and Tyler too?" Maddie asked. Freya's eyes widened.

"Oh crap, I forgot about them." Freya swore, shutting her locker and resting her head against it. "Okay, how about we find Brody and Tyler first and then I'll tell all of you together?" Maddie nodded happily on the way to their spot, Maddie was telling Freya all the gossip she attained over the weekend.

***

Maddie and Freya met up with their other best friend, Tyler Wood and Freya's boyfriend, Brody Stevens at their spot outside near the football field. When Maddie told them Freya had something she wanted to tell all of them, Freya felt the pressure, especially since their eyes were on her.