Silent Detectives

Two weeks flew by as the Batkids starting digging up more and more about replica-ring makers, possible suspects and the timeline of the U of Gotham bombing. Tim had put  together a huge fourteen-page list of possibilities, suspects, companies, gangsters and more. He had combed through security footage over and over, not that many cameras survived the explosion. Jason had gone to personally 'interrogate' many, many people under his alias of Red Hood. Dick worked alongside with Tim, pointing out things he'd miss and helping cross people off the list as Damian hit the streets more often, gathering more and more information. Information that'd hopefully become evidence.

All of this was happening underneath Bruce's nose, but Alfred definitely didn't fail to miss it.  He'd confronted them all, but the boys had lied through their teeth. 

"Master Dick, may you be so kind as to tell me what you're doing with your brothers every evening that needs to be shrouded in secrecy?"

"It's nothing, Alf! We're just, y'know, workin' on a c-case." Dick stuttered.

"Well, that is strange, because Master Bruce said that you all have handed in  your cases. Is it something else that you wish not to tell me?"

"Yes- not that we don't want to tell you Alf, because we really do, but we think that we shouldn't. At least not yet."  Tim said, rocking back and forth on the back of his heels.

"Oh, alright then. Tell me if you need anything at all- I can be a great help at times." Alfred smiled as he left the room with the empty teacups.

"Whew, that was a close one." Jason exhaled in relief.

Days flew by with zero turnouts with anything, but just as the boys were giving up hope, Dick  struck gold.

"GUYS! GUYS GUYS, GET DOWN HERE NOW!" Dick screamed at the top of his lungs. Immediately, a thundering sound echoed through the Manor as three boys jostled one another down the stairs to the Batcave.

"What?!" 

"Look! A monkey ate a lemon! Ha, so cute!" Dick showed them a video of a howler monkey's sourface. Jason huffed and smacked Dick over the head. 

"OW!"

"The hell dude! We thought you actually got something on Ma!" Jason berated Dick.

"But you guys never asked me if I did. Ha! Check this out." Dick exited the video and pulled up a file on the monitor. It was handwritten, and it had photos of both the engagement rings of the Wayne couple. 

REPLIKA RIVER JEWELLERS

 Buyer Information: Joshua Chynder, email- joshyboi@gmail.com, phone number- 456-686-9786, male 

Item (s) Sold: 3 Replika Miss Wayne engagement ring, 0.74 ct  violet sapphire surrounded by 24 ct diamonds,  Replika Miss Wayne 'Scorchery' jewellery set: 0.98 ct fire agate pendant necklace, 2 set ruby and amber ear dangles, Replika Miss Wayne  Aquamarine bracelet set, Replika Miss Wayne silver charm anklet.

Total Price (with HST): 93 000 dollars

Payment (APPROVED):  100 000 dollars 

Change: $7 000

Extra Profit: $7 000 tip

Date Sold: 13/06/2017

Cashier: Morgana Norshe.

Payment Method: Cash

***

"Joshyboi? Really" Damian grumbled.