Chapter 12

I put the phone in my back pocket. I walk out casually like I didn't get a message. Amelia gets up from her seat and runs to me. "Lukey! I saved you a seat right next to me!" She grabs my hand and sets me directly across from her mom. Her mom looked nothing like her.Angela had blonde hair that I would guess was bleached. Her eyes were a light brown like caramel. She was pale but Amelia had a natural tan.

"Hi, I'm Luke". I introduce. She looked up at me.

She lefts an eyebrow. "Have we met before?" She looked at me with curiosity.

I nod my head. She did look familiar but I don't think I've ever met her. "I don't think so". I answer honestly.

She nods her head up then grabs her phone. She looks from her phone up to me then back at her phone. As she was about to say something Chase came walking in. "I hope this is enough for everyone". She says excitedly handing is all bowls.

"What do we eat?" Amelia asks trying to push herself into the table.

Chase smiles and helps her. "Instead of do say are". Chase hugs her and Amelia giggles.

"What are we eat?" She asks innocently and Chase just laughs.

"Macaroni and Cheese". Chase answers.

Amelia's face light up. "Yay!" She grabs my arm and pulls me to her level. She whispers in my ear. "Macaroni and Cheese is my favorite."

I smile. She was such a happy little girl.

~

Dinner was over after about half an hour. It was awkward. Angela kept giving me this weird look. Maybe she does know me. The time was 9:00 and I was starting leave.

"Lukey". Amelia says as I start to walk out the door after saying goodbye.

"Yes darling?" I say in a high pitched voice. I got down to her level.

"Can you tuck me in before you leave?" She held her teddy bear tight against her and gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Of course Princess". I say and she grabs my hand to lead me to her room. She lays on her bed and points to her pink fluffy covers.

"It ain't gonna cover me its self".

I laugh and tuck her in. "Night". I say after I lay the blankets over her.

"Luke?" She asks as I begin to leave. I turn around and face her. "You'll come back, right?"

I smile big. "Yes. I'll bring Ashton to next time."

Her face lights up. "Yay! Lukey and Ashy are gonna come see me". She says to her bear while pointing to herself. I smile as I slowly shut her door. I hear her say to her bear, "Night Teddy".

-

I walk into the park and look for Ashton. It is only 10:28 but he is always early. I see a shadow in front of me leaning against the gate.

"Ashton?" I call in a questioning tone. He turns around quickly.

His jaw drops. "Luke why are you here?" His breathing started to get heavy.

"You told me to meet you here?" I say confused.

He looks behind him then back at me. "Luke you need to leave. It isn't safe here." Tears started to run down his eyes.

I left an eyebrow. "You told me to meet you here. I'm here and not leaving". I say stubbornly.

I feel a presents come behind me. Ashton stiffened and I turned around. He had a gun aimed at me. I should've known. "Great". I say under my breath by Ashton.

"You seem like good boyfriend Ashton but how good are you really?"

~

A/N It's gonna get interesting 😏😏

Thoughts?

I'll update soon again. I have my current event Friday which makes me sick to think about. I'm gonna do terrible cause you know.

On the bright side, this story as 1.1k reads! Thank you!!!

Thoughts?

Love you, ttyl!