❝𝗥𝗼𝘆𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝗜𝗜❞ ; 𝗝𝗮𝗲𝗯𝗲𝗼𝗺

Start from the beginning

"Why did you do that, Jaebeom?" He glanced over your suitcase at you before smiling to himself and shrugging. "That's not an answer." You tsk, "Now I'm forever alone." He chuckles as he zips up your bag and walks over to you, grabbing the one he pre-packed under his bed. "You're not alone. I'm coming, too." He said proudly.

"But your father ordered you to stay while I leave the kingdom." You said in a dejected tone. He frowned for a short moment before his face went void of any emotion. "Whatever. I don't have to listen to him," He said lowly before he grabbed your hand and headed for the door. "Wait-" He snapped his head in your direction. You couldn't tell if he was concerned or simply annoyed with your stalling.

"I'm scared. It's been four hours and so much has already changed. Doesn't that frighten you?" You took his blank face as a no. "I regret nothing. If this is how it has to be then so be it. I'm not living without you." You pressed your lips together in a thin line, showing no more resistance as he pulled out of his room and down the long hallways.

Just as he hit the button to the elevator, you heard her voice again. "Where are you going? The King has ordered you to stay," She approached the both of you, well, you more specifically. "This thing however can go back to where she came from." Jaebeom pulled you to his opposite side before you could say a word. "Just ignore her, I do." He whispered in your ear as he anxiously waited for the doors to open.

Still, she couldn't take the hint.

"Jaebeomie. Why don't you have me instead?" You looked over his wide shoulders to see if she was actually trying this right now. He moved to block your vision, his tsk-ing a warning to look straight ahead. She whined for him to pay attention to her, but still, he said nothing. You had to smile, it was like he saved his voice for you only.

"Jaebeomie-oppa!~" She whined more loudly, flailing herself as she pouted. "Seriously! I'm so much better than she is!" She whined, reaching out to touch him. As soon as her nimble fingers came in contact with his arm, he snatched it away, sending her a sharp look before reaching over you to press the elevator buttons more feverishly.

When they finally opened, he went to step in, trying to pull you along with him. But that was when she hopped in front of the doors, blocking you both from entering. She spread her legs and arms to prevent you two from stepping around her. "Fine! But you won't be getting on this elevator as long as I'm standing here. You best take another route."

"The stairs are on the other side of the castle!" You said in disbelief as she smirked horribly, "That's right. Have a nice walk-" It all happened to fast. One moment, she was gloating about her success at blocking your entry, and the next, she was laying on the floor.

He wasted no time snatching her from the frames before letting her fall forward, landing on the carpeted ground by his side. You missed the sound of her blood-curdling roars of rage, swearing on everything she'd find a way to ruin you just as the elevator doors shut.

You shook your head and looked up at him from your spot at his left, taking in the sight of the annoyance that rested in his eyes.

He looked down and met your eyes, placing a hand on the side of your cheek. "I'm sorry about her. She's been trying her hardest for the longest. Just stick with me, I won't let anything happen to you." You nodded wordlessly, sharing a longing glance at one another just before the elevator sounded and the doors to the lobby were opening. He held your hand, the bags in the other, "Come on, let's go." He said, leading the way. Straight for the door. You were going to make it, just a little closer before-

"My son!" You clamped your eyes shut tight, knowing something would happen. He looked over his shoulder, not fully facing the man. "Come here." His low voice demanded. You listened to the way he scoffed, looking back at the door. "Never. You've turned away my proposition so now you must turn away the fruit of your loins along with it." You didn't mutter a word. You felt like your voice would be the cause of everyone's demise tonight.