XVI

Ava cuddles closer to the warm mass next to her. A blissful month since they had anything happen and she is fine with it. This is perfect as is. Merlin wraps his arms around her, pulling her closer. He buries his face into her curls while she breathes in his scent. 

Her heart seems to race a bit as he kisses her forehead. A smile grows on her face and she looks up at him. He smirks at her before flipping them around. Her back is pressed against the back and him on top. Their fingers interlock as the two press their lips together. He pulls away for a second.

"Marry me right now," he tells her.

"I think there is somethings we need for the wedding," she smiles back. "Like a person to officiate it."

"No, we don't need that."

He presses his lips on her exposed neck, drawing a soft gasp from her lips. 

"I think there is a bit more," she manages. He stops and she can feel him smirk against her throat. 

"Are you sure?" he chuckles. He moves back up so their eyes can meet. 

"I think so. At least that is normal."

"Since when have we followed what is considered normal?"

Ava takes advantage of this and flip him onto his back. She straddles his stomach, holding his hands by his head.

"I guess that is true," she whispers by his ear. She kisses his lips before rolling off of him and the bed. Merlin turns on his side to watch her as she stands up. She pulls on her robe. He pulls her back onto the bed and she lets out a squeal in shock. Merlin leans down and plants a kiss on her lips. He pushes a curl behind her ear and smiles down at her.

"I love you," he informs her.

"I love you too."

Merlin stretches and eventually get out of the bed. The two get ready for the day. She decides to just wear trousers and blouse today. Standing up though, she feels a bit queasy and light headed. She pushes it aside, probably just needing to eat something soon. Merlin says bye to her as Gwen enters with a tray of food for breakfast.

"Thank you, Gwen," the princess states as she ties her hair up in a ponytail. She quickly eats in hopes of settling her stomach. 

"Are you training today?" the servant girl asks. The redhead fastens her belt around her waist.

"Yes. Probably shouldn't keep them waiting too long."

"Well maybe if you and Merlin didn't spend too much time this morning."

Ava looks to see the smirk on Gwen's face. She shakes her head, chuckling, while pulling on her boots. Gwen grabs the tray while Ava hurries down to the field. She grabs a sword and look at the knights practicing. Leon smiles at her and she walks over.

"I think you are a bit late, m'lady," he teases.

"Sorry," she responds. "I was feeling a bit off this morning."

"Yeah. That was the reason."

"Come say that while close enough for me to fight."

He chuckles and the two hold swords level before they start fighting. The metal clangs as they try new moves in order to improve and see how it works. Might as well while it is just friends fighting and not on battlefield. She stops for a moment to take a breather. She excuses herself and head into a more secluded spot to loose her stomach contents. 

She wipes away to the little bit on her lips, before standing up. That was just flat out disgusting. Maybe she has some illness. If it continues to persist, she will see Gaius. Otherwise, she will be fine. The princess gathers herself together before going back to practice some more. This is just as Merlin and Arthur are hurrying down to the field. But Arthur isn't dressed to fight.

"We need some of you to go to a village to help," the king states. "You would be going with Merlin."

Leon, Percival, Gwaine, and Elyan quickly volunteer to go with the servant. They must be getting restless staying at Camelot for a bit. Arthur agrees to this and the knights go with the king to discuss the mission. Ava pulls Merlin off to the side.

"Have you been having stomach issues?" she asks.

"No. Why?"

"I just threw up. Just wanted to check on you."

"I mean if you get me sick, I won't be complaining."

"Okay, Lover Boy. Be safe on the mission."

"And if you keep feeling bed, go see Gaius."

The two agree to the others terms before splitting up. Some of the Council approaches Ava to discuss possible new laws she can bring up to her brother. It seems they go to her if they think they can not convince Arthur to pass it on their own. Which is annoying in her opinion. Part of being the adviser to the king at this point.