V

Ava puts on her pink dress and some jewelry on before heading down to the feast hall. Her father is in his seat once again, smiling. People are entering the room, taking a seat. Ava goes and joins her family, happy to see the king better once again. He hugs his daughter before she sits down. The members of the circus enters the hall to provide entertainment. Her eyes wander around at the various performers. People laugh and cheer as they watching the show. The main leader has a giant wheel spinning around. 

"I need a volunteer," he states. He turns to the prince. "How about our guest of honor?"

Arthur, one to never back down, stands up. The circus members strap him to the wheel and an apple is placed in his mouth. The leader pulls out several daggers.

"Don't worry," he smiles. "I never miss my target."

He starts throwing the blades one by one. Each one landing closer and closer to the prince. The man throws the final one. Ava's heart seems to stop as the final one leaves his hand. Everyone burst out into cheers as it sinks into the apple. The wheel stops and the straps are removed. The prince steps off, pulling the dagger out of the fruit. He smirks before taking a bite out of it. As he sits back down, he finishes it off.

 The feast continues. Food and wine keeps being brought out continuously. Everyone is joyful and enjoying their time. Merlin keeps walking over to refill the goblets. He would share a small smile with her or wink when no one was looking. 

Once everyone had drank and ate to their heart's content, people start leaving. Arthur could barely stand up on his own. He must have drank more than she thought. Ava and Merlin help him up the stairs and to the door of his chambers.

"I got it from here," Merlin promises. "I'll be there in a bit."

"Okay."

She lets go of her brother's arm and head to her chambers. A fire has already been lit and is  heating the chambers. She changes into a nightgown before laying down on her bed. She pulls the blanket over her. Soon the door opens and she hears a pair of boots hit the ground. The bed shifts as Merlin lays down next to her.

"He had way to much to drink," he chuckles.

"No kidding," she laughs, turning to face him.

"He tried to walk out of his room without pants on."

She chuckles at the idea of that. The two start falling asleep. That is until they hear panic outside and bells start. The two jump up and throw on shoes. They hurry out and follow the knights to Uther's chambers. Ava pushes through to see Arthur holding a bleeding king. The knife thrower is on the ground dead. She gasps before rushing over. She tears the bottom of her dress to get a bundle of cloth. She presses it against the gash.

"Hold this here," she orders her brother. Gaius enters with a bag with herbs. He grabs the cloth from Arthur, taking over. Ava opens the bag, starting to smash the plants together, creating a mash to be placed on the wound. The physician applies it before wrapping the cloth in place. 

"Lets get him on the bed," he orders. The prince and his servant lift the king, laying him on the bed. Blood of their father covers the hands of the Pendragon siblings. Knights drag the body of the attacker out. Gaius turns towards the siblings.

"I am sorry but he probably won't make it," he tells them. "The wound is to close to the heart it was most likely punctured."

"Find a way to save him," Arthur orders. Leon escorts Ava out of the room. The shock fully hits her once she gets back to her room. She falls down, crying.

"I'll get Merlin," he tells her. Not too long after he had left, Merlin hurries in. He helps her to the table and wash the blood of her father off of her hands. Once down, he pulls her close and let her cry. She tries to regain control but it is quite difficult. Eventually she tries to figure out a way to save him.

"Magic," she chokes out. "What if I heal him-?"

"It's too dangerous," Merlin states. "But maybe I can get Arthur do go with it."

~~~

Days pass and the king doesn't improve. Arthur and Merlin had left to find a 'sorcerer'.  In reality it will just be Merlin in disguise. Ava had prepared the potion to turn back. Now Gaius and her are looking through spell books in order to find something that he could use.

"What about this one?" she asks, pointing out a page. The old man reads over it quickly. 

"That should work," he states. Merlin hurries in, smiling. "Ava may have found the spell and potion we need."

He reads it over before agreeing. The three work in order to finish the potion before sunset. It is not too complex of a potion, just many steps. They finish it in just enough time to spare. Merlin leaves to meet the prince and the princess heads to her father's chambers. Agravaine is leaving the chambers.

"You father has not improved," he tells her. "I am so sorry."

He leaves. The red head goes in to see her father still unconscious. Arthur and a disguised Merlin enters.

"Can you keep this secret?" her brother asks.

"Of course," she responds. "If it will help Father."

Merlin pours the potion into the king's mouth and starts casting the spell. The king's eyes flutter open and he smiles at his children. But his face turns to the image of pain and falls back. Ava's heart pace increases. He checks to see if he is even alive. No pulse. No air. Nothing. He is dead. 

This should have ended differently. The potion and spell should have worked. Arthur puts it together and starts yelling at the sorcerer, threatening to kill him. Merlin snaps out of shock so he can escape execution. Ava falls in the seat next the king's bed in full shock. 

~~~

Ava watches as her brother is crowned king. This day was only to come when their father died, so it was to happen like this. But it seems to early in Ava's opinion. She knows he would be proud of his son. Arthur stands up, the new King of Camelot.

"Long live the king," Leon starts. Ava joins. "Long live the king."

The entire hall quickly joins in, chanting their wish to their new king.