Uno

A/N: So I just want to say that this story will be set around 2013 to I don't know, I haven't thought that far ahead, let's just say to recently so theres going to be a lot of time jumps. Anytime when you see this {*******} it means it's another scene, we could be moving ahead hours, days, or months.

With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy this.

______________________________________

Carmen stuffs her clothes into one of her luggage bags. She tries to hold back her tears, she was so angry at the moment that she accidentally ripped a small hole in her favorite tank top.

"Great." She sighs and throws it to the side.

Her baby sister comes up the stairs and sits on her bed.

"Hey." She speaks easy.

Carmen looks up to acknowledge her but doesn't speak.

"You planning on taking the whole house with you to Japan?"

Carmen chuckles a bit.

"I just want to be prepared."

"I'm sorry about what Mom said." Her sister whispers.

"You don't have to say sorry, Bella."

Carmen's little brother then came into the room.

"I thought you were leaving Saturday."

"I am, I like to pack early."

"I heard you had a fight with Mom again."

"Dad too." Carmen corrected.

Carmen goes to the bathroom to get some more items to stuff into the Gucci luggage.

"I have a surprise for you guys," Carmen holds up two different colored keys. "When I'm over in Japan, you guys can come over for emergencies. Make sure the place doesn't burn down or whatever."

"What about your condo in LA?" Her brother asks.

"Are you planning on going to LA?"

"No but still..." Her brother shrugs.

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"How long are you going to be in Japan?" Her brother asks.

"I don't know, a few weeks." She keeps stuffing items into her bags.

She grabs another bag to stuff then looks up at her younger siblings.

"Are you guys going to see me before I leave?"

"You've been getting on airplanes for years now and you're still sentimental?" Carmen's brother teased her.

"Um yes, because I love you guys. Oh wow, how dare I love my little brother and sister." Carmen ridiculed him.

"Ok, fine, whatever." Her brother laughs.

"I'd like to but I have school." Bella said.

"Skip school. I'm leaving for Japan and probably won't be back for weeks. I can't have your time of day?" Carmen joked.

"I'll see what I can do." Bella smiled and Carmen shook her head but returned the smile.

*******

Carmen was doing her daily twenty mile jog. She rests and stretches while waiting for traffic to change. Her phone notifies her of a text message and she checks. A text message from her mother.
She puts her phone back on her arm band without giving the message a reply.