Chapter 1.

5 more minutes then it's over.

I was doodling in my notebook when Mr Smith was teaching about some type of machine which I wasn't keen on knowing. I wasn't fond of this subject. I have been questioning myself constantly as to why I had chosen physics in the first place.

I gave up halfway through while taking notes and instead started doodling on the blank page. Usually, Ryan was there to keep me company. But today he wasn't here. Ugh, that idiot could have at least informed me beforehand. So I didn't have to bear this alone. I checked my watch often and time was passing painfully slowly. I was just waiting for lunchtime.

As the bell rang, I rushed out of the class just like everyone, as if we were all waiting for the signal.

I headed towards the door when my head bumped with a person. I raised my head slightly upwards to see who he might be and saw a grinning face looking down at me.

"Hey, Ava." He hovered above me. I took a few steps back to look at him clearly. It wasn't that I was too short, he was definitely more than six feet. I barely reached up to his shoulder.

"Hii Brian," I said to him wondering why he approached me.

"I am hosting a party on Friday night since my parents are out for some business. You will be there, right?" He asked.

"Do you think I would miss a party? Definitely, I will be there," I answered him with a smile.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you there." he trailed off. I nodded and he moved on to the next people, probably inviting them as well. I didn't know Brian well but I know that he was a sweet guy.

Matt was already seated at our usual table when I went into the cafeteria. "Hey babe," he said as I sat down.

"How is your football practice going?" I asked him.

"It's going fine, our team is working hard." He was preparing for his next match, being the captain all the responsibilities fell onto his shoulder.

He became the captain last year when Andrew got injured and had to vacate his position. Matt was capable and he got the captaincy. He had been practising all summer. He was really passionate about football and I loved that about him.

The next match was important to him. As the opposing team was one of the best football teams. Matt's team has to work harder for that.

A group of girls passed by us giggling and flipping their hair. They greeted Matt, completely ignoring me. He didn't spare them a glance and turned his attention towards me. Girls always try to flirt with him. I don't blame them, it is hard to resist his charms.

Matt and I have been dating since our junior year. I always wonder why he wanted to date me when he wasn't interested in anyone. When he joined school there were rumours that he was part of a gang and was secretly a drug dealer. I mean he had that bad boy persona with tattoos and piercings and was kinda arrogant.

When I started dating him, it was hard to believe he was the same person I have seen in halls and classes. I don't know about anyone else, but he's sweet to me. I hope things stay the same between us.

As for the rumours, well they were completely false. He did drugs but wasn't a drug dealer and he wasn't in any gang. Though he was still known as the bad boy of the school. But we couldn't do anything about that. Once people put you in a certain box it was hard to create a different image of ourselves and he stopped doing drugs when he started to take football seriously. He was really trying to change for the better.

He was attractive when we were in junior year. But this year after working out hours in the gym and playing football he has become more hot and hunky if that was even possible.