Chapter Two

I sat on my bed, my crutch leaning against the frame. Steve sat next to me, hand on my now clothed legs, a pair of black jeans hugging my figure. My shirt had The Doors plastered over it, and one of T'Challa's suit jackets was thrown over my shoulders. It was odd, strange, and unfamiliar the way we sat, facing each other, so close. But it seemed natural, now that the space between us was gone, and our hearts were intertwined.

My cast stuck awkwardly into Steve's ribs as he leaned in to kiss me, and I tried to shuffle it out of the way, and his lips missed my mouth and landed on my jaw.

"Sorry," he muttered. I smiled.

"What's to be sorry for? Kissing me?" I joked.

"I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable," he said, eyes locking onto mine.

"You really think you can make me feel uncomfortable?" I scoffed. "Good luck."

"I just, I wanted to tell you that I...I don't want to have..." he trailed off, cheeks red.

"Neither do I. Its fine," I reassured him, leaning in to peck his lips. He smiled into them.

"It just, makes things less complicated. And I think we should, take things slow," he said.

"I agree. And, who knows what going to happen next. We might be split up," I said blatantly.

"Don't say that," he said, tracing patterns with his hand on my thigh. Butterflies rose in my stomach.

"It's true. T'Challa will want me to come back to see his crowning, and we both know you can't stay here forever. The others need you," I said.

"The others can wait," he murmured, pressing his nose to my cheek. I leaned into him.

"They need you. And I'm not sure how my people would react to harbouring a fugitive," I said, turning to face him.

"You're a fugitive too," Steve counted, pulling me closer. I looked at him, eyebrow raised.

"I, as a member of the Wakandan Royal family, have diplomatic immunity. You, however, don't," I said plainly. He smiled, his lips curving. I couldn't stop watching them.

"Ok, we'll figure it out. The others can wait a little longer," he said.

"Speaking of others, I have an update." A tall, dark-skinned woman in Wakandan armour walked in, followed by T'Challa. Her bald head was inked with pattern, and her spear glinted in the light. Her full lips widened into a smile when she saw me.

"Okoye?" I breathed.

"Yes, little one. It's me," she replied, almost laughing.

"I am not little anymore. And you are..." I was speechless. Okoye had been my brothers closet friend growing up, and my idol as a child.

"General? I know, it's been a long tim-"

"I was going to say beautiful," I finished, grinning up a her. She glared at me for saying such a thing but couldn't keep the smile off her face.

"What's the update?" Steve asked.

"Wanda Maximoff, Natasha Romanoff, and Sam Wilson are on the run. Their whereabouts are unknown at this point. Clint Barton and Scott Lang have struck a deal with the FBI. Two years of house arrest for Lang, and three for Barton. Then all charges are dropped. This way they can still see their families," T'Challa relayed, reading from the hologram projected from his wrists beads.

"Captain Rogers, you cannot stay here any longer. Your friends need you," Okoye said grimly. I turned to him.

"I told you. What am I doing?" I said to Okoye.

"As you know, your brother will be crowned King in a few days. He wishes you to be there. After that, you are free to choose where you go," Okoye explained. I nodded, my expectations fulfilled. I had no choice but to return to my family, not matter how dubious I was about it.

"We're leaving in five minutes. Be ready," T'Challa said, before he and Okoye slipped out the door with a smile. Steve turned to me.

"Do you think you'll leave after the crowning?" Steve asked, curling a hand around my waist. I shrugged.

"I don't know. It depends how things with my mother go. But don't worry," I snuggled into him. "We'll see each other again."

He rested his chin on my head.

"I love you," he muttered. I smiled to myself.

"I love you too."

"You should go."

"I don't want to," I said, but I stood up anyway. Grabbing my crutch, I walked to the door, but Steve grabbed me, spinning me around, lips on mine. I melted into him, just a for a moment.

"What was that for?" I said, breathless. He smirked cheekily.

"Just a little something, for the journey."   

Authors Note

Thoughts plz???!!!

~JJ