Prologue

There was a woman.

It is said that she was fierce, strong, and brave. Destined for greatness.

It is also said she was broken, her mind withering, her sanity waning.

But what they do not say is the terror, the pain and the loss that she went through. Few know of the tragedy that made her this way, this fractured.

She is flying now, back to her mighty city, to her people and her family. Her body is broken, her power all but gone, and still she is strong, and brave. She awaits a grieving brother, a sister she does not know and a mother she believes does not love her.

She leaves behind a lover, a man who has loved her for years, but never knew it. A dysfunctional family, of broken people and a billionaire she thought of as a father, who will now never forgive her.

She made a choice, a decision, to deceive and lie and now her family is shattered, her friends on the run and her lover alone.

So, she squared her shoulders, breathed in deep and cleared her mind, desperate for the warmth and the welcome of her home. Her father was gone, and now she would face the consequences of her actions.

In every legend, every story, every whisper of it, the woman always leads to one thing:

Insanity.

I am the woman, and I am broken, and I will continue to break, so they don't have to.