Chapter 91: When Fire Is Needed (EP. 06)

"𝙱𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚒𝚛
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚋𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚌𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛,
𝙷𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚣𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐."

"𝚂𝚘 𝚌𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝, 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛,
𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛,
𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚙 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚛,
𝚂𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝!
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚣𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝!"

"𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕, 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕, 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜, 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍,
𝙸𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍."

"𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚎𝚗, 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚊 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎𝚗!"

- 𝙁𝙧𝙤𝙯𝙚𝙣 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩, 𝙁𝙧𝙤𝙯𝙚𝙣 (2013)
______________________________________

Every speck of frost, ice and snow began to melt away like torn pieces of fabric from Elsa as the fire king worked his way to warm her heart with fire; his eyes shutting tightly as every passing moment, it became too much for his strength to handle. He dropped back to his knees, panting heavily as his eyes stopped glowing from the intense heat he transferred to his wife.

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳.

He did it.

He saved her.

He is spent and all, but his words did not betray him.

"My wife's life depends on this. If tomorrow is the last day I'll live just to uplift the curse addressed upon her, then what a worthy day it is for my death."

𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺.

Elsa immediately ran up to his weak body, supporting him to crawl onto her lap. Aiden smiled at her weakly and managed to get a hold of her hand, his fingers interlocking with hers tightly. Her other hand went up to cup the side of his face; and Aiden finally got to feel the warmth of her skin on his once again.

"I-i'm fine, snowflake."  

Now that you are.

Elsa smiles lovingly at him and pressed a passionate kiss on his forehead, her pale freckled cheeks nuzzling his.

Her lips near to his ear, she gently whispered, "... How can I ever thank you?"

Faintly smiling, Aiden responded, "Just exist. That's more than enough for me."

".... You amaze me, you know? For quite some time now." Aiden grinned, "I'd never think of a word more meaningful to tell you how much I love you. I can't figure out something more than a kiss to show how much I cherish every spec of you."