Don't worry about it

It was a nice day outside with the sun shining and the breeze blowing through the open area. Flowers were blooming and the birds were chirping their happy songs. But something sped through the area. As it passed all you could see was a blue blur and a red blue closing in.

Sonic and Shadow were having another race like always. Sonic was laughing as he might have gotten a head start on the black hedgehog. Shadow was growling and was trying his best to catch up. But Sonic has the upper hand as he was able to pull in a pretty good head start. Soon the two came skidding to a stop in front of a picnic spot.

Sitting on one side of the blanket was Rouge and Cream who were making cool flower crowns. Amy was setting out the many food options with Blaze. Knuckles, Tails, and Silver were just playing around and ended up having a small brawl for a simple and fun game.

"I see you boys are finally back. Come and sit down. Any and Blaze should have the food ready in a bit," Rouge said to the two hedgehogs and they both nodded.

Shadow sat with Cream and Rouge while Sonic walked over to the three boys. When Sonic made it over Knuckles had Tails in a choke hold with one arm and had Silver laying on the ground near his foot. It was clear who was winning but the fox and albino hedgehog refused to give up.

"I think you guys should just give. Knuckles has got you both pinned and down," Sonic said with a laugh soon following making Tails and Silver just let out a huff.

"Well if you didn't challenge Shadow to a race and helped me and Silver take down Knuckles maybe we wouldn't be in this situation," Tails said still struggling against the red echidna's hold.

"Yeah Sonic! Now come and help us out!" Silver said as he was about to get up. But Knuckles pinned him down by stepping on the mid of the hedgehog's back.

Sonic was about to help the two but then felt something in his quills shake. The three boys in front of Sonic gave him a weird look. But Sonic just returned the weird look with a smile and slowly turned him back to the group. He ran over to a tree that was pretty far from the group and pulled out something from his quills.

It was a yellow watch with a single screen. Sonic let out a sigh as the screen was blinking on and off. Sonic took the communicator and snapped it onto his wrist. He tapped the red button on the side of the watch and saw the screen spring to life as it changed from white to green. Sonic let a sad smile cover his face as he heard a ding come from the watch. The light from the watch grew soon showing a projection.

Standing there in the projection was a female Lynx. The ends of her ears are black, and her face features a stripe along the bridge of her nose as well as one under each eye. Her eyes are green and she had medium-long black hair with splits at the ends that she wore down. For attire, she wore a shoulder-less, sleeveless and purple dress with split tails, decorated with a small broach. She had black pants, black and white gloves, and shoes, the gloves featuring round purple cuffs while the shoes had silver cuffs and toes.

"Hello Sonic. This is rare. Usually you never answer your communicator. One would think that you threw it away," The lynx said and Sonic let out a dry chuckle.

"Yeah... Sorry about that Nicole. So how's it going over there? How are my siblings doing with everyone else? Now that Robuttnik is gone I'm guessing you guys are finally settling down," I mentioned and Nicole just nodded.

"Your siblings have been waiting for you to visit. You mother isn't liking the fact that you aren't taking your role as king. She has been wanting you to give up the hero business and come live back in the kingdom. You need to take the crown sooner or later Sonic. If you do come back we would love to have you as a ruler and as a family member again. Your mother had been worried and would love to see you again Sonic. Everyone would even you siblings. They haven't been playing a lot of music since their leader is gone," Nicole said and Sonic just sighed soon looking at his feet.

"I would love to shred the guitar again. But I said this once Nicole and I'll say it a thousand more times. I'm not going back to the kingdom. I know I'm the prince and everything. But I just can't go back. Not right now. Not until Robotnick is gone. Until that I'm not coming back home and I'm not playing my guitar. I know you guys can track me trough the medallion and I'm not allowing it. You're not going to find me unless I want you to," Sonic said and reached for the hang up button.

"Sonic wa-" Nicole started but Sonic has already hung out and had taken off the watch. Sonic sighed and tucked the watch back into his quills.

'I can never go back. I miss everyone and I would love to play with the band again... But I don't want to be king. I don't want people doing things for me. It's so dumb! I hate it! I want to be with Tails and everyone else! I just want to be free,' Sonic though as he ran back to the picnic sight where he saw everyone sitting.

"Hey Sonic! You were gone for awhile. Are you ok?" Tails asked his big brother and Sonic put on a wide smile and gave the fox a thumbs up.

"Don't worry about it buddy... I was nothing important buddy,"