He sighed and shrugged. "I don't know Lucy. It might..."

"Please don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Give me hope. Just tell me the truth John. Don't care about my feelings. I need to hear it."

He looked around at the empty parking lot and shook his head. "No Lucy. It wont."

I nodded as we continued walking in silence.

"Then why did you come to me?" I looked at him.

"Because I love being with you. You're the reason I'm here today. I just...I can't help myself from loving you. If I could change things I would."

I reached for his hand and held it tight. Our fingers intertwining as we waited for the taxi.

"Your friend is right."

"About what?"

"Looking out for Maxwell. He knows what he's talking about."

"Andrew is a good guy John. I love him. But I also love you."

"I know you do Lucy. I love you too."

..

I walked back inside, locking the door behind me. Andrew was sitting on the sofa, bouncing Maxwell up and down on his knee as Julian laughed at some comedy on the television. I sat next to Andrew and watched tv silently.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded, looking at him.

"I am. Just, promise me you'll be here when I need you the most? You'll always be my friend?"

He smiled and kissed the top of my head. "Of course I will. I love you."

"I love you too."

..

Two Months Later

November 24, 1977

"Lucy...Lucy!!"

I picked my head off my desk and looked up sleepily at Andrew. He sighed and closed my office door.

"Yes?" I asked.

He handed me a folder and waited for me to open it. I gave him a confused look and opened it to see a reservation at a fancy restaurant downtown. A smile escaped my lips.

"Andrew. What's this??"

"Whelp, the wife is out of town and I have no plans. It being Thanksgiving and all I figured you and me can go out somewhere nice." He smiled. I blushed and set the folder on my desk.

"Are you asking me out?"

"Don't be so full of yourself Daniels. Come on I just don't want to be lonely tonight."

"Mmm. So it's a good time you're after." I smirked, standing up and putting a few papers away in a cabinet.

"Lucy don't make me hurt you." He laughed.

"Oooh really? That's how I like it." I teased. He made a face.

"So are you coming or not?" He asked. I thought for a few seconds. John was off with Yoko for a few days. But then there's the boys. Julian could take care of Max. What if something happened?? He wouldn't know what to do. Unless...

..

"Whelp I'm stuffed." Julian sighed, rubbing his tummy. I giggled and finished the last of my pie. I seemed to be the only person who actually ate all their food.

"Pig." Andrew smirked, pushing his plate to the side.

"I was starved!" I laughed. A mouth full of food.

"Mama!"

We all looked at Maxwell as he giggled. I smiled and picked him up into my arms.

"What did you say? Mama?? Say it again!" I said in a baby voice as he looked at me.

"I heard it! He said mama." Julian smiled.

"Hey. What about me??" Andrew pouted.

"Don't worry. Your time will come." I stuck my tongue out at him. He made a face and shoved me.

"Come on. I think we better go home now. Plus, I think Max needs a bath." Andrew said paying the check. I grabbed my purse.

"Are you staying the night Andrew??" Julian asked. Andrew looked at me and I caved.

"Yes he is." I said before anyone else could speak.

"Alright! Come on let's go then!" Jules yelled, running out of the restaurant.

..

"Thank you. For taking us out. Us meaning..." I pointed to the boys who were sleeping on the floor in front of the tv.

Andrew laughed. "You're very welcome. Look Lucy, I'm happy you've been taking care of youself. Soon, you wont need me anymore."

"That's not true. I'll always need you Andrew. Do you really have to go London next week?" I pouted. He sighed.

"Yeah. It's only three days Luce. I'll be back before you know it."

"I just don't trust planes. They scare me."

"The plane will be fine Lucy. Just don't think about it."

I nodded, looking down at my hands.

"Hey." Andrew nudged my chin to look at him. "I'll be alright. I promise."

"Promise?" I asked. He smiled.

"I promise."

I leaned over and kissed him softly. Something inside was giving me a bad vibe. I ignored it and pulled away.

"Hold me tonight? And every night until you have to leave?" I asked. He nodded.

"Of course." He said kissing the tip of my nose. I snuggled in his arms as we watched tv together the rest of the evening.

......