𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

It was the end of Thorn.

Thorn was dead, he killed himself in order to save everyone else at this camp. Everyone knew it, Y/N knew it and yet she didn't want to accept it

She thought that she could have saved him... She thought that the cure would have worked but they were too late.

She knew that they were too late from the start, hell he knew that he wanted to kill himself right after he realized he'd been bitten and yet he still wanted to see Y/n with false hope one last time... He wanted to savor his last moments with her.

Y/N was going to miss Thorn like hell, and he wouldn't have had to kill himself if it weren't for her... He wouldn't have gotten bitten if she just pushed away from her feelings for Jack. But she didn't care about anyone but herself and now she was paying for it.

"I'm so sorry Y/N," Y/B/F whispered, placing a hand on her shoulder but she brushed it off, storming out the door and back to the mess hall to grab some water and calm herself down.

Though she didn't get there before bursting into tears as she couldn't take it anymore. She wanted nothing more than to be back into Thorn's arma and him reassuring her that everything was going to be okay...

Like he always does... Like he always used to do. But not anymore. He was gone and she would never be comforted again. Thorn was never going to come back because he killed himself to save everyone in the camp.

"Y/N are you alright?" Jack questioned her once she slammed into his hard chest, her eyes clouded with tears preventing her from seeing straight.

"No, I'm not alright you caused this!" Y/N exclaimed shoving herself away from him. "You did this IRS all your fault he's dead-"

"I was just trying to help..."

"Well you don't help, all you do is make things worse!" She exclaimed through tears. "Just leave me the fuck alone!"

And that's when she saw the tears fill his own eyes as well. They both stormed off in different directions, Y/n into her cabin and Jack to God knows where.

The whole afternoon Y/N spent it crying... No endlessly sobbing and she didn't stop not for anything not for hours. She didn't want to stop because if she did the emotions would take her over and her thoughts would go wild.

Finally after what felt like only minutes of crying and only minutes of being alone Y/B/F burst in the door and wasn't playing around. She took her best friend by the collar of the shirt.

"Get it together Y/N... There are Croatian that have been sported near here so you need to focus!" She exclaimed harshly. "You are our leader after all,"

"I don't know how to be a leader..." Y/n cried through a hiccup. "I'm just as broken as everyone else,"

"You've never shown your emotions before... So why the hell start now?"

"Because he was one of the best things to happen to me-"

"And you can't change that now so go out there and show everyone who's boss before more people die,"

"You're right," Y/N mumbled whipping her tears away "I have to go protect everyone,"

So they got everyone to the mess hall and did a headcount. "We're missing two people Thorn and-"

"Thorns dead," Y/N explained standing on top of the table through shaky legs. "An infected got him and we're next if we don't prepare,"

"He's dead?" Kyle mumbled the tears brimming his eyes. "No... He can't-"