35 | ghost of you

Start from the beginning

It had been so long since she had opened her eyes and had felt something. Everything was numb in her, from her pain to her feelings, whether it was a good or bad thing was up to her.

That day had been a normal day for everyone. The food was being served, the conversations flowed, the laughs and smiles were as bright as ever. Everything was lighter and better. It was almost sunset, and many were ending their day with the accomplishment of another day, all but one.

Without any warning, her body began to descend into the ground, causing all the roots, leaves and flowers to be shaken off her. Once her body reached the ground, the sounds of the woods became quiet and steady, waiting with anticipation of the next awaking in their presence.

    In that moment, Rhena opened her emerald eyes into the world once again, gasping for the air she longed.

In one of the clearings of the woods, another young elemental was entering. She had a bag full of caring products such as a hair brush, a perfume, moisturizer and stuff to entrain herself for the night as she approached the resting place. It had become a routine for her, to stay and look after the fallen one.

    Rhena was now fully conscious, but everything came with consequences. The moment she started thinking again, she had to hold her head tight, almost letting out a sob due to the sudden pain. Her mind was coming back together after so long, every little piece being restored back into its place. After so many waiting, she had her memories back, all the good ones, and the bad ones.

    Being in a confided space had never caused her any trouble, until now. She looked around, only to find herself unable to breath as she started to freak out. Too much information was overwhelming.

She tried to stand up, but her legs were too weak to hold her, so she had no other choice than to crawl out of the little house made out roots and leaves. She crawled out of there for what it felt like forever, until she finally saw the light. She chased after it, not caring that she was staining her clothes. The same ones she had died in.

When she finally reached the exit, she took a deep breath of air, looking around carefully. She took a branch from one of the trees and pulled herself up, breathing heavily for the attempt. As she hugged the tree to steady herself, she saw no difference in the woods. They were the same calming and poisonous woods she remembered.

With a nod to herself, she took a deep breath and tried to stand by herself. She didn't fall back, which was a good sign. Once she knew she had the normal balance again, she made the attempt to walk, only to fall back again.

Nicolette was almost at the resting place when she heard a small, frustrating cry. She froze, her mind thinking that someone had came upon her body, but then another thought appeared, what if it was her?

Quickly, she began to ran the rest of the distance. She arrived the same moment Rhena had fallen again after attempting to walk, and she saw frustration all over her face. For a moment she was relieved, she was okay, and seemed to relatively normal. But that was only the surface, she was just waiting to the moment her fury was going to be unleash upon those who hurt her.

    With a careful pace, Nicolette approached her, extending her hand out for her to take. Rhena didn't need to look up to see who it was, her senses were heighten, and she remembered everything she had learned about her powers from a young age. She was no longer a mold to be manipulated.