Chapter 40

Fei Yang was moved to his palace chambers later that night, where he would remain to rest.

Wen Yue on the other hand, stayed there all night not once turning her attention away from him for fear something may happen. Her once lovely eyes were now swollen from her dreadful cries that rang throughout the night.

She was to stay beside her prince until he awakened.

The very next day, an audience was held in the court hall. Those present before the king and the Crown Prince, were Fei Yang's three men.

"I thought you were all well? How did this happen?" questioned the king.

The three bowed down to their knees.

Han and Huang looked to Jianyu to give the report as he is the prince's right-hand.

Jianyu then began the telling of the tragedy.

After a month long battle against the Sha Kingdom led by Prince Shan Yun, once again did they succumb to defeat by the hands of Prince Fei Yang.

He was truly one not to mess with.

A turn of events, a blade was now to the foreign prince's neck as his men stopped for fear of his death.

Shan Yun gulped, "Do it, kill me like my brother." a dare.

Fei Yang gave him those cold, heartless eyes to look upon as he then raised his sword.

With a firm expression, the foreign prince shut his eyes ready to meet his end this very moment. Those many seconds he waited, came to nothing but the sound of a sword being sheathed.

He looked to see the Jin prince who had put away his weapon. A scowl came over this face, "What are you doing?" he questioned.

"KILL ME!"

The 4th prince gave him the cold shoulder, "I've already taken your brother's head, why would I need yours?"

He turned his back to him as his three men rushed towards him to give their report, "Run on back to your kingdom and be sure to spread the word of your dreadful defeat. I'm sure there they'll take your life instead for being such a failure."

To walk on the battlefield meant to leave one's heart behind.

Shan Yun clenched his fists in fury at his mockery as the man walked away leaving his sight.

Already, the report of their victory was now on its way to the palace, and so the four young men made the journey back.

On this rather quiet night, the four walked in pairs with two to the front and two to the back.

However, something did not sit right with them at every step their horses took. The prince listened carefully and eyes looking around, but head forward.

Jianyu taking notice of this, cleared his throat, signaling the two behind him in a way.

Han and Huang nodded to themselves and were sure to be ready.

It wasn't uncommon to be attacked on their way back to the palace. Usually there would be thugs, rebels, and even those who wanted the prince dead.

At least 20 men emerged from the shadows to attack. The four drew their weapons, ready to fend them off.

They were victorious as ever even off the fields of death. In the Jin Kingdom, they were among the best and most talented with the way of the sword.

One particular masked individual, charged towards Fei Yang intending to knock him over. However, to his dismay the prince did not, managing to stay on his feet.

The 4th prince gave a glare knowing exactly who he is, "Prince Shan Yun, I believe I told you to hurry on back to your kingdom."

Taking off his mask, he held an unpleasant expression. "You did not kill me, so I shall take your head back in honor of my brother!" he then swung his sword, striking at him.

Without breaking a sweat, Fei Yang dodged. This felt like child's play to him as it was clear how Shan Yun had lost all his composure.

Slipping behind him, the 4th prince kicked him to the side. "Get out of my kingdom! As long as I protect the borders, no one is to pass through."

Shan Yun clenched his teeth in fury as the Jin prince then once again turned his back on him and began to leave.

He screamed as he grabbed a rock and rushed towards him taking him by surprise. Fei Yang didn't have enough time to defend himself.

To the head, Shan Yun struck him with force making him fall to the ground. The moment he touched the dirt, the foreign prince jumped onto him and began beating him with that same object.

It was painful but he did not make a sound as bruises formed.

"DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE!!!" Shan Yun screamed psychotically with every hit.

Fei Yang was loosing his consciousness but tried to fight it. Slowly with shaking hands, he grabbed his poisoned dagger, that he always carried and plunged it into his chest.

The Sha prince stopped all movements he was doing that moment and dropped the hard object. He groaned in agony as he met eyes with the man on the ground.

He was severely injured with the blunt trauma.

Shan Yun stood as he stumbled and hands to his chest. His lips pressed together with an expression of distaste.

Then, he coughed out blood as he tried to speak, "I'll take your head......I'll take your head!" he said over and over.

That however, was put to a stop when another blade pierced him from behind. All movements came to a stop, as he fell forward and onto the dirt.

Time felt as though it was passing so quickly to Fei Yang. Although hesitant, he closed his eyes to rest as he saw his three men rushing towards him.

A rest he wouldn't awaken from.
.
.
.