Chapter 25

Days passed, and already the betrothed pair were to leave back to the foreign prince's home, the Jin Kingdom.

Those days that passed, a short ceremony was held for the two to honor the ancestors and one another.

Now, they must return.

"Your Highness," a servant called outside the doors of Wen Yue's chambers.

There was no response leaving the servant to call again. The princess was already supposed to be at the palace gates to leave with Fei Yang, the 4th prince of the Jin Kingdom. However, she's yet to show herself.

"Your Highness?" her voice began to question.

She pushed the door open and looked around the room. Everything was left as it was since Wen Yue wouldn't need to bring anything. She just needed herself. 

One thing she didn't find, was rather the most important person of this day.

The 7th princess, Wen Yue.

The servant's jaw dropped as she became panicked.

"Goodness, I must go find her or else!" she ran off.

At the Night Crescent Garden, walked a lone princess. This place was where all royals were buried, including those married to the royals.

As she turned at the fork, she walked until she reached the end. Here, was where her brother, Wen Chen rested.

Standing before the tombstone of her brother, she knelt down and sat. Wen Yue smiled as though he never left with that sweet expression.

"Chen, I need to tell you some news." her eyes lowered.

"You know, that joke you said back then about me possibly getting suitors since I've become of age?" she softly chuckled at that memory. "Well, it seems I've got one, but I'm being wedded to him."

She went silent for a moment just thinking about it.

"This man I am betrothed to is the 4th prince of the Jin Kingdom, Fei Yang." her expression softened saying his name. Even at the back of her mind did she always still hold a place for that man.

"He was the man that saved me that day from drowning during Ling's wedding." she reminded him.

The first time they met.

"I'm honestly still unsure. Indeed, I am furious at father for not letting me have a say in it but eventually I came to accept it since it is something I cannot run from. It's just......I don't know how to feel about what's happening. Everything is moving so fast that I can't seem to keep up. I am afraid of what could happen again like before."

She was afraid that Fei Yang would do the same like the others. The trauma of those coming close just to in the end inflict pain, was something that frightened her to the core.

"But you know what's strange? The moment I saw him, it were as though I truly knew who he was. I felt something go off inside me......but as I said, I'm unsure. I don't know what to believe anymore." her lips fell into a frown.

The princess just sat, with her head down. Her brows scrunched together and tears escaped. "Don't be lonely alright? Remember that I'm always here." she reminded him.

And with that, she soon left leaving the Night Crescent Garden void of any visitors.

She at the very least also wanted to visit Wen Xin, but his grave was left elsewhere to never be found nor visited by others. He was alone even in death.

Wen Ling looked about, hoping his sister would show up since they were supposed to leave long ago.

The king looked to Fei Yang, "I am sorry, my daughter is showing such disgrace." he merely apologized, ashamed of her actions.