The two nodded, thanking the woman.

"Thank you," Wen Yue spoke.

The woman simply chuckled, "Your Highness must be very beautiful. It's a shame I can't see your face. I've heard many stories about the 7th princess of the Wei Kingdom."

Even in another country, was Wen Yue mentioned amongst others.

"You have?" she questioned seeing that it was strange for her to be talked about before she even stepped foot here.

"Why yes! Your Highness, is-" she was interrupted by another.

"Princess Wen Yue," spoke a young woman.

Immediately, the mid-aged woman bowed almost afraid of her, "Greetings, Your Highness." her voice was frantic.

She then turned to the newly weds and bowed before leaving in a hurry.

The young woman smiled seeing her behavior and turned to the two dressed in red, "It is an honor to meet you, Princess Wen Yue." she greeted with a bow.

"I am the Crown Princess, Wu Xiang." presenting herself.

Wen Yue lightly bowed, "It is also an honor to meet you, Your Highness."

The Crown Princess laughed then looked to the 4th prince, "I haven't seen you in a while, Fei Yang." speaking so casually, saying his name.

He kept his eyes to the table, "Your Highness should return back to Huan. I'm sure he's waiting for you seeing that you're heavily pregnant." noticing her bump.

Before the prince left, his brother Crown Prince Fei Huan and Crown Princess Wu Xiang had barely wedded. Now that Fei Yang is back, after nearly over a year, she's now carrying a child.

Wu Xiang seemed to glare but held her smile, "Of course, I can't keep him waiting." she then walked away.

Fei Yang looked to his wife, "Are you okay?" he asked.

She frowned not looking at him, "Of course."

His eyes overcame with blue, hearing those solemn words. "...........That's good." was all he could say that moment.

To once say so much without end, they now said so little. It was a bittersweet feeling.

The celebration ended with now Wen Yue awaiting Fei Yang in her chambers. She sat on the decorated mattress with her veil that still covered her face. It was to only be lifted by her husband.

Then, the door opened and closed.

The princess sat still, waiting as silence filled the air.

Her eyes peered to see him pouring the tea for the two. Once he finished, he walked over with them and handed one to her.

Taking it in her hand, he knelt to one knee, meeting eyes with her.

Bringing his cup forward, so did she, exchanging cups without the need to intertwine arms.

In one gulp, they finished their drink.

The prince then took back the cup and placed it on the table.

It was then, her heart began to beat rapidly.

She wasn't ready for what's to happen.

Fei Yang walked towards her, getting closer with each passing second. Her eyes shut tightly for a moment, not wanting to believe anything.

His hand then came to her veil that covered her face and lifted it. Those closed eyes opened, now seeing that his face was only centimeters from hers.

She gulped nervously with shaking eyes.

On her cheeks, were his hands as he gazed at her warmly, but something about his expression was different. Getting closer, his thumb caressed her.

She looked away.

And he, turned regretful.

Wen Yue expecting the worse, bit the inside of her lip. However, the only thing that touched her, were lips pressed against her forehead.

Her once shifted gaze looked up to him but did not say a word.

When those lips lifted off her, she was met with a sad smile on his face. Seeing his expression made her conflicted.

"........This is the only selfish thing I'll ever do to you." he spoke softly.

Her mouth gaped, speechless for a moment then pressed together.

"Get out," she told him.

His smile did not fade but turned painful to see. It felt unbearable.

"I understand." he looked to the floor.

This whole scene between the two was undeniably hard to swallow. They both knew running away from one another was wrong, but they couldn't help doing so.

It were as though saying what they really wanted to, was something they couldn't ever do for fear of punishment.

As he left her chambers, he slid the door shut leaving behind a trail of unspoken words. She sat still doing nothing but eyes to the floor.

Then, crystals slipped from her dreadful eyes. Her tears couldn't stop this never ending stream.

Sobs escaped her lips as she cried with hands clenching her chest.

"It's me who's being selfish."
.
.
.