𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

That same night, before I was leaving, Shah asked to speak to me

That same night, before I was leaving, Shah asked to speak to me. He and Maisyn usually came by at night, after they did whatever they had to do at work. Today was no different.

I had to leave early to get a head start on everything, so I guess he wanted to talk before then. I knew exactly what time Maj's surgery was at, and I had ti be back before then, no matter what. So like I said, everything has to be taken care of in one full swoop, no hiccups.

"Wassup, Shah?" I asked, leaning against the wall.

"What you finna go do?" he asked.

"Got something to take care of," I said simply.

"Does it have to do with these bodies you sent me? You did that?" he asked. I nodded slowly. "You also made yourself basically fuckin invisible, why can't nobody reach you, Luck?"

"It's easier that way," I spoke quietly. I feel like he had an inkling of what was going on, but luckily he knew better than to speak it.

He sighed heavily. "You know," he began. "I ain't seen Rico in a while, she been busy?" he asked me, leaning up on the wall with me. He knew there was a camera behind us, like I knew, and if he hid is face, they couldn't read his lips. And we all knew hospital cameras had no sound, like most surveillance.

"Yeah, hella busy," I spat. He was basically asking me if Rico was the opp. I saw a glint in his eye and watched as it seemed like everything was falling together slowly. Well maybe not everything like she was my blood, but almost everything.

"You been being safe?" he asked, face now hard. "We can't to lose you to this bullshit. If you need us—"

"I got us," I immediately said. I didn't need this being unnecessarily messy. I had every single step planned out in my mind, I just needed to follow through. Yeah, it was dangerous as shit, but I've done enough dangerous things in my life to move smart.

He and Maj taught me well.

"Lucky be smart, jit. I'm raising fuckin hell if you not back in time," he spoke sternly. I couldn't help but smile because he was just telling me he cared. And I appreciated it.

"I will. Promise," I smiled and hugged him. He hugged me back tight, and sighed.

"Don't tell Semaj, please," I begged. "I'll tell y'all everything when he's dead, I promise,"

"You better," he pointed.

Once we went back in the room, Maj and Syn were laughing at stupid videos on her phone. I walked over to his bed to tell him goodnight, as I did every night.

"Goodnight pooh, I'll be here before you go back for surgery, okay?" I said, rubbing my hand over his hair.

All this is for him. For them.

"Yeah," he nodded, leaning up for a kiss. "Be safe bae. Don't—"

"Don't do nothin' crazy, I know," I smiled, kissing him again. "I won't,"