𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

I could see it in his eyes

I could see it in his eyes. He was pissed off. .

"Semaj," I heard Shaheem speak. I knew he was extremely serious because I never ever heard Shaheem call his brother by his first name, ever.

"What?" he spoke back, never taking his eyes off his mom.

"Calm down," he gritted out. I was honestly getting a little nervous but he didn't seem to be reacting negatively, yet at least.

"I'm calm," he mumbled, turning back around. He resumed eating his food like nothing happened. I looked up at Maisyn, and her eyes were wide. She shrugged a little bit and I just resolved to keep my eye on him. I didn't wanna believe he was completely void of emotion right now.

"Toya, take a seat?" Ms. Celestine pointed at the seat directly across from me, coincidentally. His mother walked over, eyes trained on her son while he kept his eyes on his plate. "I'll make you a plate," his granny spoke, making him scoff. It was virtually silent but I still heard him.

"Who's she?" she nodded her chin at me.

"She's—" Ms. Celestine started, but I decided to introduce myself.

"I'm Lucky, I came with Maj," I smiled politely and her face never changed.

"Yo name Lucky?" she furrowed her brows. I hesitated before nodding. "Yo real name?"

"She said yeah, shit," Semaj answered before I could, and you could hear his grandma swat at his arm. Everything went back silent again, all you could hear was silverware moving plates. Every now and then, Maj's mom would stare at him and he'd act completely oblivious to her even being there.

"You good, Maj?" I muttered. I didn't like how quiet he was at all. He just nodded, turning to kiss me. I ain't believe that shit for a second.

"So, you like his girlfriend huh?" his mom asked, assumedly because she just saw her son kiss me in my mouth. I saw Shaheem roll his eyes slightly, and Maisyn did so heavily. They were like the same damn person at this point, they get so annoyed so fast.

"Yeah, I am," I nodded.

"How long y'all been toget—" she began to say but Maj cut her off.

"That don't concern you," he said quickly. His grandmother sighed and shook her head, probably knowing better than the rest of us where this was going.

"It don't concern me? Nigga you my son, yes the fuck it do," she snapped back, making my eyes go wide.

"Don't shit I do concern you. At all," he gritted out and she rolled her eyes.

"When you bringing bitches in my mama house it—"

"Watch yo' fuckin mouth," he spat.

"You cussin at yo mama? Over a bitch?"