Chapter One : Why do we have to?

Right so this is the first chapter. I am currently editing this book so sorry if you still get a bit mixed up!! Readers which have read this already? It would be great if you started from this chapter again because I have made some changes :) thanks again and sorry if you still get mixed up :)) xx

                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' Emily !! Come on down here, we all need to talk ! '' I heard my mam call just as I was about to play my music from my speakers again.

I wonder 'bout what this time! Last time she said that , it was because my younger brother, Max,  was playing my older brothers, Johnny,  XBOX and he broke the controller and blamed it on me .

'' Ok , one sec! '' I called down .

'' And get your brothers on the way down. They're in the cinema room watching some movie.''

'' Ok'' I mumbled to myself , sighing I got up and walked out of my room shutting the door behind me.

As I was walking up to the door of th cinema room I heard an argument going on in there already . I walked in to see my younger brother running around and jumping on all the seats and my older brother chasing him . Probably for the remote.

'' Both of you stop ! ''  I screamed. Through a split second they stopped and look straight at me.

'' What? '' Johnny spat.

'' Mam wants us three down stairs, she said she needs to talk to us.''

'' Okay so. Come on Max ! '' I shouted as I walked out with Johnny at my side. 

When we got to the bottom of the stairs Johnny said '' I hope this isn't anything serious ''

'' Same'' Three of us walked into the lounge room to see my mam sitting in her usual chair in the corner of the room and on my seat sat some man , he looked around my mams age maybe a  bit older.

'' Sit down guys'' My mam said calmly. She was a nurse but also not that long ago she got put as the principal of one of the departments in the hospital so she wears really formal clothing.

The boys sat down on their usual couch and I stayed put. I could obviously sit down on the spare couch but my seat is the best. 

'' I would but someone sat there already.'' I said a bit cheekily.

'' Em !'' 

'' What ? It's true ! '' I answered back. I know I seem really bitchy at the moment but the truth is that in front of the people in my school and most of the people outside my house basically have to know that I'm not someone to mess with. 

'' Oh am.. sorry I'll move.'' The strange man said.

'' No no it's ok! Emmy will sit here.'' Johnny said as he pulled me down to sit on his lap. Yes, he's quite a protective brother and also he's like a best friend to me. I just huffed and stayed put on his lap.

''  So ? Get down to business mam , I'm going out soon ! ''

'' No your not young lady. The reason why we're all down here is because I want to introduce someone to you all. This is Mark. The other principal of the department I am in. And also your new step-dad . '' She said calmly as she pointed to that strange man that doesn't know where to sit.

'' So when did you get married ?'' Max asked.

'' We didn't yet Max. We are engaged at the moment. And there's one more thing I would like to say''