Chapter 8: 'Meeting'

I closed my English book, from which we were studying. After we went to the cinema we headed home and Luke came over. We had done our English, Maths and Biology homework already.

"Wanna come over?" He asked.

"Uhm yeh sure why not?"

"You coming over now or later?" He asked as he got up off my head and started gathering his stuff.

"Emily!! Dinner is ready. Come down!" I heard my mam yell.

"Later. Are you going now?"

"Eh yeh I don't want to disturb. You have your dinner now." He said, picking up his bag and hoodie.

"Mam wanted you to stay anyway. Please Lucifer ." I begged winking at him. He shot me a death glare and so I burst into fits of laughter.

"That. Is. Not. My. Name. Emily" he said sternly, but soon a smirked formed on his rosy pink lips.

"So is that a yes?" I asked.

"Yeah sure mate. Why not ey?" He said sighing. He sat on my chair beside my desk and started looking around my room. He looked to the far left corner of my room and saw my guitar. It was a plain black acoustic guitar, and beside it stood a white electric guitar.

"You play?" He asked, sounding a bit surprised.

"Yeah a bit only. I used to play around if i went camping with friends, or even in school."

"Back in Ireland?"

"Yeah"

"Will you play for me?" He asked, sounding really quiet and almost.......vulnerable?

"Uhm...i don't know. I don't really play infront of people..." I said looking at my carpet.

"I'll play too?" He asked.

"You play?"

"Yeah why are you surprised?"

"Cause you seem like a football kind of guy. Not a guitar lad"

"So if you think i'm not a guitar guy, I'll prove i am?" He suggested.

"Yeah okay. Ehm do you know how to play Little Things by One Direction?" I asked.

"Yeah. One of the first songs I learned. Do you?"

"Yeah. Play together after dinner?" I asked him, while getting up off my bed, and heading towards my door. Soon Luke followed.

"Yeah sure mate." He laughed as we walked down the stairs.

"Good afternoon Luke." My mom greeted Luke as we entered the dining room.

"Good afternoon Mrs.Walsh."

"Oh please Luke, you're friends with my daughter, call me Anne."

"Ok Anne. Thanks for inviting me for dinner." He laughed shyly, as we sat down.

Luke sat at my left and Max was sitting at my right. Across from me was Johnny and his girlfriend Victoria and Hayes, and at one end of the table was my mam and at the other it was Mark.

"Um Luke? This is Hayes my step-brother. And you know everyone else i guess." I said. They said hi and soon dinner began.

"So Luke, how's Ben feeling?" Johnny asked Luke.

"Well uhm.. He's still in hospital for now, but Nicole said that he will be out this week. Something around Thursday."

" Oh that's good. am I dropping you two to school tomorrow?" He asked looking at both, me and Luke.