Chapter X

Ellique's POV

While I was putting my hair into a high pony tail, Katherine entered my room looking angry.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You." she replied, sternly.

"What?" I asked, putting down my hands because I was done fixing my hair.

"Mom had asked me about your phone, did you tell something to her?" she asked and went near me.

I was confused.

"I don't get you, Katherine. What do you mean?" I asked

"What do I mean?" she said, "Don't lie to me that you didn't tell Mom that I got your phone because I was trying to blackmail you"

I froze.

"What was she saying? She was blackmailing me?"

"You can't remember? Or are you an impostor?" My heartbeat went fast "Either way, let me make you remember. We met last year. You were weak, useless, and nothing compare to me. And you tried to do something to me, but I flipped the table didn't I?"

I was sweating a little bit, and my heart feels like it's about to pound it's way out of my chest. I met her just this week. Should I make her forget about that?

"You planned to film me making out with one of the knights, but I knew you heard my conversation with Frederick that time. So I planned to turn the table, Ellique." she said "I grabbed you the exact time I saw you peaking out of the closet door. Put you on the bed and guess what I told Frederick?"

My lips were trembling and I can't seem to reply.

"I let him do things to you" she whispered to me, which made my eyes wide.

I immediately stood up, and pushed her. I was going to exit my room but she stopped me.

"Where you going? To Mom?" she smirked "Remember our deal, Ellique. Once you tell Mom what I did to you... I'm going to spread that video of you into the whole world, and no one will ever forget your name"

At that moment, I felt it. I saw it. The demon behind her.

Why did I only see it now?

There really is a girl I replaced, I knew that. But I didn't know about the reason she died. She died of suicide, they said, but people never knew why she killed herself or if she really did.

Memories of her suddenly flood into my mind, and now I know.

Ellaine Mirabella Huxley was suffering depression, and living in constant fear of her sister. Ever since they were kids, Katherine had always treat Ellaine badly. She would slap her, push her, pull her hair, put her down, and she'll always scare her not to tell their parents what she did.

Ellaine cried silently every night. Praying to God that her pain will end. It did, but just for a little bit. When Ellaine was already moving on from the trauma, Katherine had to come back, but secretly.

The lady was trying to kill the princess while she was sleeping but, luckily, her dog, Sergeant, was there. He had bitten Katherine, and had shoved her away from Ellaine. Katherine hit the dog several times before it had dropped dead. The princess started to cry and had stood up. She was about to shout for help but Katherine covered her mouth.

She had told her not to tell their parents or else she would definitely kill her. Ellaine was quivering. The Lady forced the Princess to help her bury the dog. And she had told her that if ever their parents ask where her dog was, she would tell them that he ran away.

For a week straight, Ellaine visited her dog every night. She cried there and told herself to get revenge when the time has come.

And, one night, while Ellaine was about to go outside and visit her dog once again, she heard her sister. She was talking to one of the knights on duty, flirting with him. She had told him that she was going to have a hot night with him the day after if he kept quiet about her staying in the palace secretly. Ellaine had to do something.

And so, it happened. Her, planning on filming the whole thing, and Katherine turning the tables upside down. The lady had taken Ellaine's phone because the whole thing was filmed there.

After that, the princess lived in fear and had never left her room, until one day, her butler, Nathaniel, came in, like usual, and saw a dead and bloody Ellaine on the bed, holding a bloody knife on her right hand.

People said that Ellaine killed herself, but in her own perspective... Her sister, Katherine, had killed her.

"I am not afraid of you, Katherine" I told her and looked straight in her eyes.

"Oh, really now?" she smirked, but as I stare at her hardly, her expression changed.

"You... You are not her" she said and pushed me "Ellique... No, Ellaine. Ellaine is my sister. Who the hell are you?!"

"I... Am your sister, Katherine. Your lovely sister" I said and shapeshifted into the dead Ellaine.

She screamed and pushed me harder.

"No! Ellaine... Ellaine Mirabella was the one I, Katherine Matylda, killed! With my own hands! Even her dog, Sergeant."

"You admitted it. How surprising." I said and smirked, "Thanks for that information"

I raised the tape recorder I got from my mother after I talked to her about the phone. She told me to use it while I haven't seen my phone yet.

I clicked on the play button and let her hear her confession.

"I... Am your sister, Katherine. Your lovely sister"

*Katherine's scream*

"No! Ellaine... Ellaine Mirabella was the one I, Katherine Matylda, killed! With my own hands! Even her dog, Sergeant."

Horror was plastered on her face. She looked at me as if she was going to kill me.

"If you try to tell anyone about me being a fake... I will release this the second you do so." I said, scaring her with my bright moonstone eyes.

She stared at me, clearly scared. I then looked at the demon behind her. It was supposed to be there... But it's gone, or maybe... I just can't see it...