Chapter VIII

Third Person's POV

"My Lord! Ellique is abandoning her mission. What do we do?" A female in white said, running to an old man with an overgrown beard.

"Mm..." The man replied, stroking his beard.

"I-If she doesn't succeed in this mission, what was the purpose of taking her wings away?" The female asked.

"Lora, calm down" the man spoke.

"B-But lord--"

"I, too, didn't expect Ellique to abandon her mission, moreso... Abandon her home" he said "but it is her choice... Her choice is to fall for a boy like him. And so, she'll never get her wings back"

"But.. isn't it unfair? We stole her wings because we want her to eliminate demons on Earth. Her, killing another angel... Was just something to cover it up... It was never her fault that she killed that angel" Lora said "And... she just fell in love, it would be so unfair to her"

"I know Lora..." The man said massaging his temple "let's talk about this matter in another time, okay?"

"Yes... My Lord"

////////////////

"Lucas, did you see that? Did you see that?" Lisa, Lucius' younger sister, whisper-shouted to his oldest brother.

"I saw that Lisa, now shut up" Lucas said, shushing her little sister.

"B-But Princess Ellique and Lucius kissed!" Lisa said, a little bit louder than she thought, and so the King heard.

"Shut up!" Lucas whisper-shouted but it was too late, the king already went near them.

"What did you say?" He asked the little girl.

"U-Uh... no-nothing, Uncle Edward" Lisa said.

"Are you sure?" he asked, Lucas was about to reply but their father suddenly approached them.

"What's going on, Edward?" Luke asked King Edward.

"Well..." the king then looked at Lisa "Correct me if I'm wrong" he said to her then looked back at Luke "I heard them talking about my daughter, Ellique, and your son, Lucius, kissing" the king said smiling.

Lisa then had a pang of guilt go through her. It is going to be her fault that Princess Ellique and Lucius would probably separate. But, of course, that's what she thinks.

"Well, that is good news, my friend" Luke said, chuckling.

"That is good news" King Edward said.

Lisa and Lucas had the look of confusion plastered on their faces. They looked at each other and back to the two men. Luke and Edward whispered something to each other, then went away from them.

"What good news were they talking about?" Lisa asked to her older brother, Lucas just ignored her.

Lisa continued to bug him but stopped when she saw Lucius and Ellique walking back to them. Ellique was looking down as she held her arm, and Lucius was looking elsewhere, his hands in his pockets.

"Mother, Father... Would you please excuse me, I have to go to my room" Ellique said and bowed to her parents.

"Why, honey? Are you feeling okay? Do you want Nathaniel to escort you?" Queen Kina asked her.