Chapter V

Third Person's POV

"Frustrating! So frustrating!" Ellique shouts as she stomps her heels on the ground, Hachiko avoiding it in case it would hit him.

"That... That boy... Lucius...!! Ughh!" The girl said, grabbing strands of her hair "he's a demon, Ellique! What did you expect?!"

Hachiko whines as the girl did that.

"Haahh... Hachiko... What should I do?" Ellique said as she crouches in front of him, Hachiko just tilted it's head.

"Let's just... Go to a park and chill... Come on, Hachi" Ellique stood up and started walking, Hachiko trailing behind.

They reached a nearby park and sat down on one of the benches. Hachiko then rests his head on Ellique's lap.

While admiring the view, a man in a suit went to her. Hachiko's head popped up as the man bows to Ellique.

"Nathan?" She asked.

"Good morning, Mi'lady. Your father wants to tell you that there will be a masquerade ball later in the evening, at 8 pm. The dress, along with the mask and heels, will be delivered at your unit. And, you will be picked up at 7:30 by the family driver, Keith"

"Oh, okay... But... Why suddenly hold a masquerade ball?" She asked.

"Don't you remember, Mi'lady? Your father and his friend treats this masquerade ball as a best friend tradition. In which every month of the year they hold a masquerade ball" he said.

"Oh.. right" Ellique said.

"I just remembered that I just joined this world not too long ago... That's probably why I didn't know the king had a good friend that likes masquerade balls" Ellique said to herself.

"It's still 10 in the morning, Nathan. What should I do?" Ellique asked herself.

"Do you want to go shopping, Princess" he asked.

"That would be a good idea" she said, while nodding.

Nathaniel was about to speak but a woman's voice cut him off.

"Ellique?" Ellique looked to where she heard her name and she saw a beautiful woman in a yellow dress.

Ellique then gave her a look of confusion, wondering who she was. The woman then went to her and hugged her.

"Oh, how I've missed you so much" the woman said as she hugs Ellique tighter. Ellique, on the other hand, hesitatingly hugged back.

"Don't you remember me?" the woman laughed a little, Ellique just stared "Oh, well, it really has been a long time"

Ellique was still wondering who she was, but felt a slight relief when she heard that the woman was gone for a long time.

"I'm Katherine. Your older sister" the woman said and Ellique's eyes widened.

"I have a sister?!", Ellique thought.

"Well, technically, an adopted sister" she said.

"Welcome back, Lady Katherine" Nathaniel said.

"Oh, hey, Nathaniel! You look so mature now" she replied.

"Damn. Even Nathan knows her"

"Why are you adopted?" Ellique asked.

"Our Father, the king, and our Mother, the queen... saw me crying helplessly by a river near the bridge they always cross when they were to go to the palace. Mother pitied me very much, so as Father, that's why they took me in and help me grew up" Katherine said.