A Memory of Innocent One [3]

Special thanks for  LeeHyuna96 for helping me for this chapter 'cause actually I didn't think I could write this chapter without your helps, here takes my 💕

Night, after family dinner.

A couple of months passed after that 'small' case, now we just trying to being lazy in this family room.

But suddenly Api come brought a surprise information. Said that he know who's the one who dunnit for robbery case several days ago.

"Really?", said Tanah after he placing a tray of plastic on the table.

Did he really found out?

"Yeah, Tanah. Really!"

"Someone's claimed that they saw flash of lightning strike not far from their place. And you know, I've checked that place and yea, the place is definitely smelled like something has burnt there. So it's mean-!", his enthusiasm cutted by Tanah who's slowly turning angry. I didn't think that one of us would check it for real, that's why I suddenly surprised and almost spit my milk.

"Api, what did we agreed about to be careful and not directly involved in that robbery case? Or mostly dangerous cases around this city?", Tanah's put his hands on hips, staring at Api right now.

"Well, yea- I mean- Yea, we've agreed on that, but-", Api turns panicked, searching for right answer, trying to face Tanah's angery.

I sip out my milk again, quietly hiding my worries. If someone point out of that I actually has broke that 'agreement', then I already grounded by Tanah by now tho. I mean, that 'agreement' exist for we didn't need to makes worry Tok Aba more.

"Sorry...", said him squeak now. Tanah just nodded.

"Now, can someone just help me make this for guests later?", asked Tanah from the kitchen.

That question's seems to struck Cahaya curiosity who's doing his homework in sitting room, "Guest? Who's one?"

"Granpa, duh."

"Daun wanna help~!", with said that, Daun, also Angin's gone to help Tanah in the kitchen. Leaving Api scratch his head while pouting.

I take my favorite cup, red one from Grandpa, pour the milk from refrigerator, and sip it, enjoying the moment. Until...

"Oh, Petir? Could you take green note with prescription RECIPE II in the garage?"

"Why not just ask Solar, Api, or Air?"

...

Because there's no respond from them, I finally standing up from my chair, heading towards the garage.

Because the garage is looks quite dark, I turn on the light beside the door.

"Looks like it smells good~!", faintly I could heard Api voice from here. Seems like someone's got lured.

"...."

"Ah. Found it", I grabbed the recipe from the second rack the one near the door. It said that RECIPE II is written on that book. Definitely this one.

CRASH!
Eh, what sound is that?

I turn around just to saw the cup is broken by now.

There I saw Api and Cahaya made small gasping. Seems like one of them broke it.

Angry immediately flows through my veins, and without realized it, broke the bulb in the garage where I stand now with my power, made sudden short blackout. Just like that.

One of that shard bulb almost about hit the nearest person, Api. Like just 4 meters from him.

Everyone who's around me is surprised. Not only with the voice of broken glass, but with sudden shattered bulb sound.

...

Speechless got me. And the feels of immediate guilt.

"Whoa!", Api's big voice woke me up from unmeasurable guilt, made instantly realized that I accidentally released my power. What did I done?

"What was that?", surprised Cahaya that has been reading his book.

"Huh, what? What was that?", even Air who has been sleep wake up because hearing the sounds.

Did I... just do that?

....

"Alright, could someone take a broom and shovel to clean up this?", Gempa's voice break the silence, trying to control the situation back.

"I'll take it", says Cahaya put his book on the table then went to took it.

"Are you alright, Api? Man, that was scary. It almost hits you, you know."

With shame and a sense of guilt that fills me, I rushed into my room, ignore them who's still in quite shock.

That time I got realize that this power could actually kill people.

"Petir...?"

"...."

*A/N Notes:
Hi, Miya's here. uh---

So sorry for uploading so late🙏, just  keep forgotten how I should brought this past chapters to. I keep trying to search how I should ended this past parts. Yeah, over year, I must said...

And w/ busyness in rl as final semester colleger keep hits me (hwaiting for the seminar propose schedule, wml🍀). But I try my best not to neglecting this book. So... Stay tuned, I guess.

[ Chapter 0.3: October 2020 ]
[ Revise: October 2020, January-December 2021,
March 2022, June 2022, August 2022 ]
*Next: A Little Summer Longing*
@Narayaki6