A Little Summer Longing

"Why suddenly had dreams about that past tho?"

......

10 years later,

A.M.

I opened my eyes, looking at the ceiling with unexplained feelings. I was still on the sofa. Yeah, I overslept. I tired. It's look like I've dreamed about a past. When I still happy got this power.

I glanced over my surroundings. A sunny day, with some of the rays enters the windows near me right now. Sound of tickling clock come from the wall. Sounds of opened book and clicking pen from Cahaya. Noises of television with Api, Angin, and Daun's voices.

Kinda make me wanna sleep again, honestly, until Angin's says to me, "Ah, already awake? Afternoon~" with a grin in his face.

It is really already afternoon, or he just messing with me?

"It's still 10 A.M, don't mind him." I heard Tanah's voice from across of nowhere and that moment kinda knew it he just mess with me again tho.

I looked at the ceiling again with unexplained feelings, and unconsciously sighing again, "Morning, huh..."

"Sleeping on the couch again, I see huh, Petir", now I can see him down the stairs, showing his face after coming from upstairs. I left that statement with no answer back.

Just wondering why dreams of back then.

It's already 10 years since that days, if I remember correctly. Since that days too I always use this power to help quell evils in the town from behind, without them knows.

Honestly it's kinda a miracle that they didn't know about this power. The electric power of mine, which suddenly appeared without knowing the thread. Or maybe... One of them is already realized, but pretend not knows about it....

I glanced once again over my surroundings right now. And suddenly my dizziness is taken over me. Maybe I really shouldn't got many sleep, like someone...

That time I realized, that this power could actually kill people. The young me is speechless.

Today's sunday, if I remember correctly. 2 days after I solved another case. A normal peaceful day, fit for rest again, should be... Just hope there are no more cases again, just for today...

"Yeeeyyy, win again!", I could heard Angin's happy voice.

"Let's gooo!!!"

Until Daun's start to put on crying face, make Api's feels guilt to win before him. I swear to God, that kid's could put acting more than us tho, use (mostly) his innocent face.

"E-eh?? Stop crying, please..!"

"Uh... I'll buy you a snack later then, how's about it?", still with worry tone, Api came up with a proposal that made Daun smile cheerfully. There you can see Angin face is like, a little glad too, when he nodded and stop that fake cry.

I'm sitting on the couch, watching that trio troublemaker play some video game in the living room.

"Coffee or tea?"

"Huh?", I turned my head to whoever said that suddenly.

"Coffee or tea?", said Angin who already standing tall near me and take a cup of drink, offers a morning drink. I swear a moment ago he still sit with them, and now he already near me.

"Who the fuck drink coffee as soon they wake up, Angin?", I grunted while looking at him.

And I could see certain someone feel disgruntled after I said that words.

"Petir, language."

... I thought for a moment and made my decision.

"Coffee please."

"What the heck?????"

"Okay~", with that, Angin made my coffee. No reason for that, just suddenly wanna drink coffee.

"Here~", Angin give my cup of coffee and back to Api and Duri's place.

I took a sip of it, and...

"The hell? This's ain't coffee??"

"Ah, yes. No coffee on this morning", Angin's replied shortly.

"Then why did you-"

"... Whatever, I guess...", I questioned that decision, but drink it anyway. Tired to even questioning it.

"Once more?", said Api like once not more than enough. They immediately nodded while took back their own controllers.

I sip my tea. Is this tea... What's name again?

Ash... ash... Ashwa... Ashwakanda? Aswakada? Wait, that seems wrong... I believe that wasn't the name that Duri's introduced to us that time.

I sip it again. Even added with sugar, it's still tastes bitter on my tongue. I don't know I could finish it, but I'll try to drink it even just a few sips.

With Tanah's busyness in kitchen (usually he's on there), Cahaya's with his books or experimental materials, them with all their behaviors (usually makes my head aching too). Ah, the usual sunday.

But overall, this kind of life isn't that bad. It's nice to live like this, the world is a little calmer.

*A/N Notes:
Quick info, Ashwagandha tea can help improve sleep quality, reducing insomnia. Also produces endorphins which can increase productivity and provide positive energy.

Hi, Miya's here.

Quick update, I passed my seminar propose presentation, also got graduate at the end March and gloomy start at May when make next chapter. I didn't forget this book, just confused about the next title, don't worry. Just stay tuned.

[ Chapter 1: December 2021 ]
[ Revise: January-June 2022, January-May, July 2023 ]
*Next: Ataraxia*
@Narayaki6