Chapter 10: "Eyes."

"Hes so cute!" Garroth gawked as Zane screenshared the baby.

Nathan was sleeping on the couch with his blue pajamas on, unaware of what was happening. Garroth and Aphmau watched him as Nana was taken to the hospital. They too were panicked and was unaware of her pregnancy.

"I can't believe you didn't tell us!" Aphmau pouted.

The new baby boy the couple named "Zakk" had bubble gum hair starting to grow with minture black Meif'wa ears and tail. It was a rough delivery for the Meif'wa (and for Zane too cuz he was filled with panic even tho she did this before), but in the end, it was all worth it. Nana cradled the small figure in her arms with a weak smile planted on her face. It was 12 am, and both of them hadn't had slept yet. Zane started slurring his words and Nana only nodded her head and barely speaked.

"How's.. Nathan?" Zane paused in mid sentence.

"He's fine, just sleeping." Aphmau answered simply, swapping the camera to a toddler sleeping peacefully with his covers over him- and of course his rock stayed near him.

He also turned four about two months ago, which made Nathan powerful in some way.

"That's good..."

"You should come back and sleep, you really need it." Suggested Garroth.

"No.. no, I'm gonna stay with Nana until the nurse says.. uh, that I have to go.." Zane murmured.

"Okay Zane, don't stay too late. Tell Nana I told her to get well sooner! (So I can officially meet the baby huehuehue)" Aphmau brightened.

"I will, bye."

"Bye Zane!"

"Bye baby brother!"

And with that, the screen went dark.

"I can't wait to see little Zakk! He's like an mini Nana!" Aphmau continues fangirl.

...
~A Few Weeks Later~
...

When Zakk arrived home from the hospital, not even a second after being stepped in the new environment, he begin to fuss and cry.

Nana looked at Zane in the eyes.

"Oh lord" was what they said, but he just shook his head. Zakk was just a baby, and babies cry. Everything will soon clear up.

Nana introduced Nathan to Zakk, who Nathan happily tried to warm up to Zakks disapproval. He got frustrated every time Zakk cried whenever he got close or made physical contact like when Nana letted him hold him. Zakk opened his icey blue eyes and glanced at Nathan for only 10 seconds, then resolved back to kicking his legs and crying.

"He just needs to get used to you," Zane said, bouncing the baby up and down lightly in his arms, making the 'shhh..' sound.

The few more nights had been terrible. Nobody and the house slept when Zakk had begined to cry.

Zane wanted to get up and check but it was Nana who prevented him from going any further.

Her hands clasped over his torso, "I feel like you're going to get up." Her voice thick with enervation.

"I am.."

"Lay back down, Zakk is only a week old. It's normal for babies to cry-" every night she wanted to add but couldn't.

Just then, everything faded into odd silence. An unfamiliar quite.

She looked at Zane with the same confusion blazing in her eyes. "I'm gonna check."

With that, he threw the covers up and slid his legs off the bed.

He went straight to the baby room which burned with a dim light. His lamp was on.

What happened next was unexpected.

Nathan cradled his little brother in his arms, sitting on the small red cushion. Zakk was fully conscious, his pale blue eyes alive with raging enthusiastic just by staring at Nathan. His mouth was slightly opened in what seemed to be astonishment. Drool was starting to run down his pale-ish cheeks that were now red from furiously crying.

Nathan glanced at Zane at the door way.

"I think I like him," was all he said.

[Hey sisters, sorry if there was any interruptions or typing errors, I'm kinda in a rush to get this out, sorry!]