Chapter 4: "The Dragon in Distress."

Nathan couldn't sleep. He crawled out of bed to make a small pillow fort filled with his friends and himself. Millie, the abused stuffed bear and Rocky, his beloved pet rock. He grabbed his stool and dragged it towards his closet to get more blankets and pillows to make it bigger.

Zane happened to cross by his room, him trying to get something to make him fall asleep because of Nana's hobby to sometimes talk in her sleep.

"Nate? What are you doing up?" he said, watching him drag the thick blankets and pillows across his wooden floor. His eyes reared over to his pillow fort, catching his attention.

"Papa! Look what I did!" the little boy smiled, pointing proudly to his crooked fort. It started to tumble down.

As it feel apart, Nathan just beamed and begin to repair it- repeating the same progress as before.. But this time, he had help with Zane to make it better.

"If I promised to help you, would you go to sleep?"

"Read me story and I think about it."

"Okay," Zane thought, he had never did this before. "What story?"

"How you and mama met!"

"But it involves dragons... huge dragons. Are you scared?"

"No! Is the dragon mean?" Nathan gleamed.

"The tallest and the meanest of all dragons." Zane said with a smile.

Together, they made a larger fort than before, enough to fit both of them in. Zane left for a little bit and came back with warm milk to put both of them asleep. He laid on his right side on the soft, fluffy white blanket, wrapping his arm protectively around Nathan who wiggled his way out.

"Wait, we can't fall asleep yet!" Nathan pouted, shaking his father's arm.

Zane blanked his eyes, "huh..? Why?"

"You didn't keep the promise!"

He thought to himself. Of course, he wanted to hear the story.

Zane sat up. "Oh yeah, the story of how me and your mom met, right?"

"Uh-huh! The one with dragons!"

"Okay, but you need to be quite.. Nana told me to never tell you this. You must oath you won't share this story or never tell her I said this, or else she'll put a curse on us," Zane held out his pinky, "pinky promise me, or do you have what it takes?"

"Yes!"

They both held out their pinkies and shaked them, sealing the deal.

"Okay. It started years ago, before you were born..."

There lived a mighty dragon, the most strongest of the rest. His name was Zane.

"You were a dragon?" Nathan interrupted him.

"What? You didn't know?"

Nathan widened his mouth.

"Anyways," Zane continued.

I was order by the king to kidnap a beautiful princess and bring her to the Shilloutes Kingdom where she would be married to handsome prince.

"Mama was a princess!?" Nathan interrupted him again, becoming fascinated.

"She's the most beautiful, right?"

Zana: "𝓞𝓾𝓻 𝓛𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻"जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें