Chapter 9: "A Refund, period."

"Zane, are you awake?" Nana asked, sitting on top of the covers.

This time, Nana couldn't sleep. Her eyelids didn't feel heavy as usual, she was twisting and turning, and eventually got up to walk quitely around the house to tire herself out. Nothing worked.

Zane snorted, "huh!- what?- I-Is something wrong?"

"Oh, I didn't mean to wake you up if you were asleep!" she said hesitantly.

Zane untied his hair out of a messy bun, the strands of jet black hair flowing down like a river to land on his shoulders, "no.. no, it's fine. Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, the baby just have been really active lately," she rubbed her eyes, wanting to be tired but just couldn't fall asleep.

"Really? Let me feel.." he said, placing his palms on her stomach. He could feel the baby's quickening, which still felt like magic to him.

Zane and Nana were expecting a baby girl, but to their surprise, it was another baby boy. Nana guessed that it had something to do with Zane's genetic side.

"Have you thought of any names?" Nana asked, cuddling up to him.

"It'll come to us at the right moment."

...

Nana got a little bit of sleep last night, so Zane decided to clean out the new baby room without her so she could rest. Zane was painting the white walls a pastel orange color, a little bit of paint getting on his clothes and skin.

Nathan watched outside the room, a safe distance to not be touched with paint. He just drinked apple juice from his sippy cup.

Zane went to scratch his forehead but ended up get more paint on himself. "Fu-" Zane paused as he noticed Nathan was sitting there by the door way by the reflection of the shiney paint.

"-dge. Fudge indeed."

Zane put the painting tool inside the tub of paint, "I'll be right back, I'm just gonna check on Nana."

"Okay." Nathan didn't care. As he walked saw his father disappear in the other room, Nathan got up and waddled his way to the paint. He saw his reflection, an black haired toddler with golden eyes. He touched it, slowly dipping one finger into it. When he got used to it, he dipped his two entire arms into it- not bothering to roll up the sleeves of his blue pok-a-dots onesie.

(😫😫😫😫)

He than proceeded to make his way to the wall, helping Zane out by leaving tiny orange hand prints on the wall.

Zane came back only to find a toddler dipping his entire arm into the paint.

"Oh my Irene.." Zane murmured.

Zane proceeded to lift the paint out of his reached and carried the toddler to the bath tub to wash his arms, paint leaking from his arms along the way.

"How about you leave the painting to me and mom, okay?"

Nathan ignored his request, "is that room for the baby?"

"Yes, are you excited for him to come?"

"I want a refund!" he cried.

"A refund?" Zane thought. Nathan was pretty educated for his age, speaking nearly perfect english. He got that from Zane. But how did he know what a refund is?

"Yes! I don't want a brother!" he pouted.

Zane rolled up both of their sleeves and scrubbed Nathan's arm over the tub with warm water and soap. He nearly chuckled because that's how Zane reacted when Zianna announced she was having another baby- his baby brother Vylad.

"You'll grow to love him.. eventually."

"I don't want to!"

Zane shaked his head, "Nathan, I'm afraid you have no choice." he scolded, "I had to go along with it, now me, Garroth, and Vylad are the 'bestest' of brothers." he cringed at the word.

But it was true, though they may seem rough, they all know they love each other. Especially Zane and Garroth. They grew tighter bonds from the events of the Lounge, and Starlight. Vylad, unaware of what happened still supported them even though he was in Paris.

"Okay." Nathan said, calming down. "But will he take my toys like Peter said? Or puke over my favorite shirt like Timmy said?"

"What?" Zane thought. He shook his head, "I can't make any promises, we'll just have to see."

"Okay!" It wasn't a direct answer, but Nathan was more excited because it wasn't a yes either. Maybe having a brother isn't bad at all.

Yeah...

...

8 months later...

...

"Uwahhh!!"

"Oh. My. Irene."

....

[Sorry skipping last Sunday! I just wanted to make sure everything was neat bc my writing is becoming sloppy and horrible- but anyways, baby number 2 is here, but its 10x more harder for this couple to deal with, huehuehue bye~]