Chapter 13

Present

"Thank you," Aiden says as the waitress places the plates of food in front of us.

Deciding he wanted to go out tonight, Aiden and I were now comfortably sitting in the hipster diner downtown. Well, as comfortable as we can be. I'm not entirely sure what his game plan is; letting me stay at his place all day and now having dinner, it just seems suspicious.

"You know," he begins speaking in between chews, "You were great last night. Greater than ever actually."

Choking on the food in my mouth, I cough hysterically while reaching for the glass of water.

"W-What the hell, Aiden?" I harshly whisper after gaining my composure back. A smirk dances on his lips, his eyes happily lit up as I continue to shoot daggers his way.

"What? Just saying."

Rolling my eyes while he chuckles, I take another sip of water for good measure, before returning back to the food in front of me.

Time drags out as we make small talk, mostly about last night to my dismay. On one hand, I regret it like always, but on the other it made me feel hot and alive. At the thought of last nights activities, I discreetly cross one leg over the other.

Being that the only clothes I have right now is the dress from last night, I feel completely out of place in the retro diner. With his suit jacket draping around my exposed shoulders, I couldn't help not breathing in his scent.

Holding my composure becomes difficult as my head swirls with more flashbacks of last night. Looking over at Aiden through my lashes, I instantly feel his hands roaming my body again; the feeling of utter bliss traveling through me at the contact. Yet, at the sound of my phone chiming, I blink rapidly as if I was coming out of a trance.

[From: Adeline] hey, Dylan just got back in town and he asked to go out tonight
[From: Adeline] do you mind watching Lily?

[From: Me] Yeah, I'm free. I'll be home soon

Placing my phone down on the table, I run a hand through my hair before making direct eye contact with Aiden. "Did you hear me?"

With a sigh, I slump back in the chair, my eyes lacking much emotion. "No, um, what was it?"

Clearing his throat, he folds his hands together and places them on the table. "I asked what you did today?"

Why is he asking?

A dumbfounded look stretches across my face as I grab the glass of water again. "I sat in the apartment. Wasn't much to do anyways."

Now, I didn't think my tone held much of an attitude or whatever, but somebody has their own opinions on the matter. Sitting the glass down, I look up to see Aiden's eyebrow slightly arched.

"Wanna try that again?"

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything today, what else do you want me to say?" I question in reply, pushing my plate to the side.

"Lose the attitude, Cameron." He demands, causing me to roll my eyes. "You need to finish eating."

"I'm not hungry." I mumble out from under my breath. Taking my attention elsewhere, I let my eyes look at the rain drops trailing down the window.

"I doubt you've eaten much today, so eat." Aiden voices in a low tone, "I'm not asking again."

Bracing my elbows up on the table, I place my fingers on the side of my head, slightly rubbing my temples. "I'm fine. Can you take me home?"