Chapter 7

Present

The sun shines through the curtain-less window, making me groan and cover my eyes with my forearm. Stirring in the bed allows the faint smell of his scent to fill my nose, instantly making me sit up.

I run my hands through my hair as I pull the black sheets further up to cover myself. I bite down on the inside of my cheek to keep myself from gagging as I look over at his cream tone body sleeping contently beside me.

I close my eyes, trying to relax myself before searching the floor for my clothes. Glancing over at him, I drop the sheets and hastily stumble to my scattered clothes.

I snap my head towards the bed as he stirs again, silently praying that he doesn't wake before I'm gone. With slow movements, I slip the dress on while holding my underwear and shoes in my left hand.

I tip toe towards the door, cringing ever so slightly as the wooden floor beneath me creaks. I don't hear anything, too scared to turn around, so I open the door as quietly as I can. "Stop," his groggily voice croaks from the bed, causing my breath to hitch as I stand frozen in the doorway. "Come here."

I breath in heavily before turning on my heel, slowly pacing myself towards him. His hair is tussled as he sits up in the bed, removing the sheets from his lap. Now standing beside the bed, he happily shows off his naked frame as I keep my eyes locked on the wall behind him.

"Where are my. . . ah," He mutters to himself while bending down to grab his boxers. Somewhat clothed, he stretches his hand out, taking mine in his, before gently pulling closer. "Where are you going?"

I gulp and push the bile rising in my throat down. "I-I have somewhere to be this morning." I slightly stutter as his lips graze my earlobe.

"Mhmm," he murmurs while sucking on the thin skin of my neck. I squirm and gently push back, causing him to pause and slowly retract his lips. He eyes me incredulously, a single brow raised in agitation. "Is there a problem?"

"No, Aiden, I really just have to go. It's an appointment." I explain as my body internally shakes with nervous flutters.

I know he won't hit me or anything like that, but I need something from him, and I can't afford to piss him off before he hands it to me. Aiden looks me up and down, his lips pressed in a hard line, before rolling his eyes and stalking towards the dresser. He pulls out a couple of bills, eyeing me as he stuffs the money in my palm.

He holds my gaze for a minute, his hand still in mine, before he walks towards the bathroom. "I want you back here tonight."

My brows furrow, my hand squeezing the money tightly as I turn in his direction. "Tonight?"

"Yes, Cameron. Is that a problem?" He asks with piercing his eyes, his arms folded over his chest as he leans against the door frame. I shake my head, silently complying to his request, before he licks his lips and walks into the bathroom.

After hearing the door click shut, I sigh and hurriedly walk into the living room, simultaneously stepping into my black panties. Clutching my heels to my chest, I exit his lavish apartment. The soft carpet of the hallway cushion my feet as I make my way over to the elevator, the silver rims contrasting with the sleek gray color of the doors. Stepping in, I try and clear my mind of the life I've been handed, utterly failing as waves of guilt and regret wash over me.

The bell chimes as the doors slide open, the lobby presumably clear except for the desk clerk. At least I won't have to face anyone while looking like this.

"Good morning, Thomas." I greet wearily while walking towards the revolving doors of the lavish apartment complex.

"Good morning, Miss Cameron."