Twenty-one

M a i a POV

"I can't believe she's pregnant," Lara chuckled as we sat down in the cafe, "I'm not surprised to be honest, it was expected of Maddy."

"I know but she's only 17, that's what's crazy," Lara said.

"And it was with that 27 year old who she has been messing with for a couple yea— oh—"

"Oh go- damn it I apologise for that, I'm sorry I'm new and I-I lost my balance—"

"Hey It's fine! Don't worry about it, It's only water," I smiled at the new guy as he frantically tried cleaning it up.

"Are you sure, two people have said that and still complained," he lightly rolled his eyes but something told me he knew I was sure.

"Positive, Wait you've spilled things on two other people as well?" I asked trying not to laugh.

"Ive been here for a week and lets just say my balance hasn't improved once, I should probably go clean this up, I'm sorry once again, and I hope I don't do it again," He smiled grabbing his plates and glasses.

"If you do maybe make sure It's on the generous woman you just met, unless It's coffee of course," I told him. He just chuckled and walked off.

I looked to Lara who had a frown on her face. When I asked her why she was frowning at me she just shook it off.

"Don't get too cosy," She sighed, "why?" I replied.

"I don't know he seems off," Lara shrugged. I didn't know what to say, I had no intentions of getting with him if that's what she's meaning.

As we were walking out, the guy from before held the door open for us, "thank you."

"Ah, It's the least I could do for you," He smiled, I noticed his eyes wonder down my body before they met back at my eyes.

What I was feeling while he done that was exciting, except I couldn't help but imagine it from someone else, his face was blank but the feelings didn't leave my body.

Whatever.

"You're gonna need to do more than hold a door open to make up for that," I called behind me while watching Lara speed up her pace.

"How about I make it up to you on a date? Say my place tonight at 5, I'll cook us dinner," He Ran to beside me so I stopped walking to listen to him talk.

"How do I know this is legit and I won't get kidnapped?" I questioned with squinted eyes.

"Because you can meet my mother who can dip out for a couple hours while we have our date," He said. Didn't sound legit but honestly what do I have to lose.

"Okay deal, one date only though, unless we see each other again," I said shaking his hand.

"Sounds perfect, I'm daniel," he smirked. Daniel had short brown hair, skinny build but was tall and seemed quite toned and fit. He is cute.

"Nice to meet you daniel, I'm Maia."

Me and Daniel exchanged numbers before going our seperate ways.

"I can't believe you, I'm putting your location on before you go," Lara said frowning at me as I slid into the car.

"Yea yea whatever Mom," I chuckled before turning to look put the window. I hate that giddy feeling you get in your stomach when talking to a guy goes a completely different way.

_

M a x POV

It hurts. Watching her get excited over some dumb boy that isn't me. She use to get excited over me and now It's someone else.
Is this really what it feels like to get heartbroken because It's a pretty shitty feeling.
I'm almost about to give up on her because at this point is useless trying to get her to like me with this guy in the mix.

I skulled down the rest of this beer before grabbing another from the fridge and skulling that down my throat. Ignoring the stinging and bubbly feeling in my stomach, I grabbed another before it was ripped out of my hand.

"What are you doing?" I heard Laras voice but who knows what Lara was talking.

"I didn't know you were a triplet Lara," I slowly let out.

"Why're you skulling these down so much, calm it down a little," Lara put the alcohol in the fridge and dragged me upstairs before I felt my head hit a soft cloud.

Why Maia...

04:08am, Is it really midnight? I don't even remember falling asleep. Or even getting to my bed. What'd I drink last night.

I'll say one thing, my brain needs another beer.

"Didn't you have enough alcohol last night?" I turned around to see Maia walking in. Her hair messy and she was wearing my grey hoodie I left with her on purpose. I hoped it having my scent on it she'll remember me easier but that didn't work

"I don't even remember having alcohol last night,did you just get back?"

I have to avoid all eye contact with her. I feel like crying just listening to her voice. I wanted to marry this girl and now that thought has gone out the window.

"Nah I've been back since 2, I just can't sleep, I'll tell you what that guy is amazi—"

"Hey Maia with all respect, I'm just not in the mood to hear about this guy, my brain can barely comprehend words," I chuckled at the end of my sentence so hopefully I didn't sound too rude.

"Ugh typical, go get some sleep you alcoholic, night night," She chuckled so goddess like before ruffling up my hair and I could hear her footsteps getting further and further away from me.

Now it was my cue to cry.

__

:( poor Max. I just wanna know if she gets her memory back or not already. What is this wait author?

I'm sorry for the delay! Ive been so busy with work and that, I just haven't found the time to write chapters.

Since I've been slack I will say we find out soon so that's something to look forward to.

Thanks again for all the love! Hope you're still reading xx