Eight

I looked behind and there she was. Smiling at Max and Ryan like they were a piece a cake. Lara approached the boys who glanced over to Maddy. Maddy waved at them not even acknowledging me and Lara.

"What is the deal with that girl? Does she hate you two or something?" Max asked. Ryan glanced at me and raised his eyebrows.

"did you not tell him?" Ryan asked. I shook my head and Max looked between us all.

"What why?" Lara questioned. I shrugged.

"It didn't come to mind," I said.

"Tell me what?" Max said poking his head forward.

"Maddy used to be our best friend before her Daddy started giving her money, she just turned on us and I don't know, wants us to suffer I guess," I explained. It use to be us three girls all together and happy until she went cold on us "she spread rumours about us being lesbians and shit so we just ignored it and left her alone."

"Yous are lesbians, yous even kissed at school to get popular," A voice behind us said. We all turned and saw Maddy there with her arms crossed making her boobs look plumper.

"We kissed because we didn't care, and no one else did either, it just made you look dumb," Lara laughed.

"Wait you two, kissed?" Max asked with risen eyebrows.

"Yes they did, gross right," Maddy scowled looking at me and Lara.

"No thats hot," Max chuckled. Maddy looked like she was trying her hardest to keep calm. She's clearly trying to get Max to get a spark out of me. Yea I like Max but we aren't dating or to that stage where I should even get mad. That's not me.

Maddy was gonna do something but squealed because Ryan splashed Lara but the water also got her. Max noticed and sent me a cheeky smile. He walked over to me and went under the water before lifting me up onto his shoulders.

"You know if you're with me," Max said turning so he was facing Maddy. She kept her seductive face on.

"You have to deal with being wet, a lot," Max suddenly dropped us both, I squealed as we both went under water.

We came up at the same time and Max approached Maddy "you want a turn?"

"No no I'm good," she panicked "uhm I have to go apply sunscreen," She said before quickly turning around and walking out of the water.

We bursted out in laughter and I linked my arms around Max "At least you like getting wet," Max whispered kissing my chin.

"For you," I shrugged, I couldn't help but to smile and Max obviously couldn't as he pulled me closer to him.

"Get a room," Ryan yelled splashing us. Max let me go and splashed him back.

"You're just mad you can't finger your girl in the water," Max joked. Ryan narrowed his eyes but laughed when he dunked Max under water.

"First- well second guy to reject Maddy," Lara chuckled.

"I know It's shocked us all, even Maddy," I grinned. Lara nodded with risen eyebrows.

"You think you'd date him?" Lara asked staring right at me with sorrow in her eyes.

"I-I don't know If I'll be honest, this is the first time I've felt you know happy, but I feel like somethings gonna go wrong since that's usually how it goes when I get happy," I sighed. Every time my life gets better it gets worse then it was before. It's like I'm bad luck or something.

"I don't know Max seems different then Logan if thats what you're talking about, I mean Max, he shows up out of no where and you two instantly hit it off whereas Logan, he forced his way through, just play it out, don't let him slip so easy," Lara said hugging me and kissed my cheek. Feelings are real guys. They are too real.

"Hey you don't sleep around anymore do you?" Ryan randomly asked. I looked up from my book and took my glasses off.

"No..." I hesitantly replied "why?"

"No It's just I know Max and he isn't just some playboy, I've never seen him act like he does when you're around-"

"Ryan, I'm not gonna hurt Max and you out of everyone should know that," I cut him off and glared at him. Lara looked at me and shook her head before looking behind me. I turned and saw Max walking back. I also noticed girls turning their heads fast enough to get whiplash.

All these girls like Max yet he picks me... I want to know why but I feel like I shouldn't ask why me. Fuck I suck at relationships like this.

Max passed us all frozen cokes before sitting back down by me.

"Oh yay! There's a party on Friday at sophias house, we have to go," Lara smiled withe excitement laced in her voice.

"I'm down to get drunk," I said sipping my coke "you're coming," I said tapping Maxs' knee. He hummed a 'yes' before laying his head on my lap. I put my book down and wrapped my hand in his.

"We can invite some of the boys," Max said but Ryan is scowling to himself.

"I'm not going, I can't be seen even touching you," Ryan groaned.

"Then quit, I can get you a job with me at the cafe," Lara Shrugged. Ryan rushed up and hugged her. I noticed a couple students watching as Ryan kissed her.

"If you say so," Ryan shrugged pulling his phone out. Max laughed in my lap making me tense up. Like you know when guys laugh on you and it sends vibrati- well yea. I looked down and Max was smirking but his eyes stayed shut.

Great, I hate how he always knows he's affecting me. I noticed a few students looking Ryan and Lara clearly surprised. They probably think Ryans still teaching. And I can imagine Maddy and her friends already making phone calls out of jealousy.
Nothings gonna happen. Ryan quit and Lara's eighteen so there's no problem.

"Bro wanna go back in?" Ryan asked, Max waited a bit before leaning up and giving me a peck.

"Race you there," Max said already running towards the water. Ryan screamed after him.

Max stopped running when he reached the water but only to get tackled. Me and Lara looked at each other, both full of smiles. She fist bumped me and we both bursted out in laughter.

Life is good... don't jinx it though.

-

Arghhhh I can'tttt! I love this friendship. I know I'm writing it but I still get happy when I re-read my chapters.
Yikes

Vote
Comment

🕊