Bonus: Deleted Scenes 2

So, I was just going through my old documents and thought it would be appropriate to showcase some cut content before going forward. Hope you enjoy the most substantial content that was cut for one reason or another in its pure rough draft form.

Lost Dialogue 1: Originally there was going to be a conversation between Shujinkou and Hisa at the beginning of Chapter 37: Grimm Fun, but it was cut because I honestly felt like if I did, I would have begun a pattern of shoehorning the character into spots that she isn't needed in. So I cut the upcoming dialogue out before I even finished it.

"Hello. My name is Shujinkou. No, No. That's too formal. Hey there, my name's Shujinkou. Oh man..." Shujinkou sighed as fell back on his bed. No matter what he tried, none of the introductions he tried seemed to be the right one for the situation. "Maybe I'm overthinking this...?"

"I'll say."

Shujinkou's body jolted up from his bed as the surprised individual looked around his room.

"What was that?" he wondered aloud.

"A voice coming from your pocket," the sudden voice answered.

Shujinkou dug into his pocket and pulled out his phone.

"Granny Hisa?" he said.

"Hey, Shujinkou," Hisa waved from the screen of his phone.

"What are you doing on my phone," Shujinkou asked.

"Well, you must have not locked your phone, because you pocket-dialed me," Hisa chuckled. "Anyway, why were you saying, 'Hi, my name is Shujinkou' for the last 15 minutes?"

"Wait, you heard me the entire time?!" Shujinkou exclaimed.

"Mm-hmm," Hisa nodded. "So... Who are you meeting?"

"Oh... Um..." Shujinkou awkwardly scratched his right cheek, uncertain of how to answer. "I'm meeting some people Yuri wants to introduce me to."

"Introducing you to the family, huh?" Hisa replied.

Shujinkou could kick himself for giving such an obvious vague response.

"What's the occasion?" Hisa asked.

"Oh... nothing special..." Shujinkou answered.

"Are you two dating?" Hisa asked.

"Not really," Shujinkou answered.

"I see... she asked you to be her fake boyfriend," Hisa said.

Shujinkou's entire body immediately tensed up.

"How did you guess?" Shujinkou queried.

"Well, you two aren't dating, you're meeting the family and you're incredibly uncomfortable talking about it. Either you were tasked with being a girl's fake boyfriend or you're lying to me and honestly the fake boyfriend option is more plausible."

Lost Dialogue 2: Chapter 51: End of the First depicts the aftermath of the school's first exam, but I did originally plan to show what happened during that period. That said, I couldn't think of anything so I ended up skipping over it. Another reason why it was cut is because I forgot a certain story element in regards to a certain character.

"...and that young scholars is how detective stories moved from the Golden Age to the Hard-Boiled formula," Akuma said as the school bell rung. The students wasted no time in gathering their things and exiting the room for the class of the day. "Remember that there may be a pop quiz on this lesson."

Just as the final departing student left the classroom, Akuma noticed that there was one student who has yet to leave. She did nothing but stare at her desk, continuing to do so even as the teacher approached her.