Chapter eight

Voices...
Cold... everything felt cold..
Someone were yelling... but everything was unclear...
Everything was dark... everything felt dark... what was going on..?
Was he dead? No.. he couldn't be, heaven couldn't be all black and noisy.
But it was cold... very cold...
Had Zane pulled another prank on him..? This time freezing his bed?
No way.... Zane wasn't the pranker... he was the smart one...the reasonable one...
Noises... more yelling...
Slowly, Kai managed to open his eyes. Normally, when he woke up, he would be met by the sunlight of a new bright day, but this time, no light seemed to hit him. But the room wasn't completely dark either. In the midway of the room, were stripes of dim light, that were strong enough to light up the room enough to spot your surroundings.
Kai slowly tried to raise up from the cold bed he was laying on, but as he did so, a rushing pain to his head suddenly hit him and he had to lay back down.
" w.. what happened..." he mumbled as he tried to look around the room. There was another bed on the other side of the room, along side a small chair. Otherwise... nothing. The room wasn't large. On the wall next to him was a large wall made out of glass, or perhaps another material that were transparent. As he watched it for a while, he realized it was a kind of a door! And now he noticed the guards outside the door!
" wait where am I!?" Kai shoot up from his bed, dizzily walking towards the transparent wall/door.
" hey! You two! Let me out of here!" Kai yelled at them. None of them moved. They didn't even move a muscle.
" Hey!" Kai slammed his fist into the glass. Nothing. Nothing happened at all. Neither did the glass show any sign of damage, nor did the guards move.
" damn it, where am I !? What is this place!?" Kai spoke to himself as he was looking around his room, desperately looking for anything that could help him escape this weird nightmare.
But nothing could help.
But it was then he heard the footsteps. He wasn't quite sure, but it sounded as if they were heading towards him. He looked up and now noticed that the guards caught the attention of someone and before he knew it, a dark figure stood before them.
" I see you're awake Kai" the voice was dark. But it did sound familiar for some strange reason. The figure dressed in black was also wearing a mask witch strongly resembled the mask pice Jey had found!
" wait! You! Who are you! Your mask, I've seen it before!" Kai walked over to the transparent wall and placed his hands on it, looking through it at the guy in front of him.
" I don't think we have talked before, at least not much." The figure replied and lifts his hands to pull off his mask. As he revealed his face, Kai recognized him right away.
" you... I remember you.. we fought in an old house... the day Jey and Lloyd were caught by the serpentine!" Kai spoke, slamming a fist against the transparent wall. Morro didn't move. " yes... I remember. But I had nothing to do with their kidnapping" Morro replies. He didn't know Kai that well, but he knew he was a friend of Lloyd, and a friend of Lloyd was his enemy.
" why am I here?" Kai groans at him from the other side, not liking this guy at all.
" I honestly don't know, but that doesn't matter, I'm here to take you to a facility where we will run some tests on you." A smug grin crossed his face and Kai quietly backs away.
" what the ... no way I'm willingly going with you" he then lowered his head and noticed the bracelet on his hand.
" t..that thing! Don't you dare put one of those on me! I will rip your head off!" Kai yelled at him, raising his fist with fire at him. Another chuckle escaped Morro.
" don't worry, I have already chosen my victim"
Kai's flame fist quietly lowered and the relaxed. He was okay with that. As long as it wasn't him or any of his friends, but then again... how in the world had he managed to get a hold on them!? Garmadon has been so sure they had been destroyed when the old league collapsed. Yet here they were, active and deadly.
" so yours is the alpha then" Kai spoke, giving Morro a cold glare.
" well yes, I thought I made that clear when I showed you" he replied.
" oh no, I knew long before you told me" Kai answered and crossed his arms. Morro was surprised at this. How could this joke of an elemental master have any kind of information about this bracelet?
" the eyes on the snake" Kai tapped his left arm to signalize to Morro to look down at his bracelet. Morro lifted his hand with the cursed object and looked at it.
" how can you tell? It's identical to the other" Morro spoke.
Kai shook his head.
" it's obvious that you have never used them before. The eyes are red on your snake. To activate it you needed blood from the one who you wish to inslave. The beta has purple eyes, it's the one who carries the poison." Kai finished, slowly turning away from Morro who just stood there stunned for a moment.
" I must admit, I am impressed with you." Quietly he reaches out and presses a button to the wall, opening the cell. The guards behind him turned now to face Kai.
" I will never bow down to you" Kai groans at Morro as the guards walks in and grabs a hold on him. Kai tires to shake them off, but these guards were special trained.
" we will se about that." Morro smirks and walks quietly away, putting his mask back on. It was then Kai noticed his limping. This Morro guys was hurt. What had caused that..?
Before he could think any longer, the guards started dragging him out of his prison cell and into a long hallway witch lead towards several other hallways. It wasn't close to the size of the old league, but whoever these people were, they sure were serious about their business. And by the look of it, this base must be laying somewhere close to a mountain, the walls were carved into solid bedrock witch was a clear sign.
It didn't take long until they finally reached their final destination. By the look of it, it had to be a interrogation room as the room only contained a table and two chairs. In one of the chairs sat a tall figure, waiting for them to enter the room. Kai quickly noticed him and kept his eyes on the figure, not moving his sight off him. Or her, as it turns out to be a red headed girl.
" Skylor..." Kai groans as she putts their mask down onto the table and turns her attention towards him.
" master of fire" she replied calmly.
Kai didn't like this, neither did he like being near her. He for the most of his time likes to spend his time flirting with cute food girls, but this time, he had gone to far and messed with a bad one.
" I have an idea, why don't you just let me go, and I won't burn you to hell!" Kai suggest as he was forced down into the second chair opposite her.
" what if you just shut up so I can explain to you why you're here!" It was obvious that she was starting to get annoyed at the end of her sentence.
" I don't want to hear it, I just want to get out of here, now please, be a good human and show me the way out of this hole!" Kai just couldn't shut up. He hated this place already.
Suddenly, a hand from behind him grabbed his hair and slammed Kai's head down into the table, holding him down.
" agh!... l..let go of me!" He weakly mumbles, but doesn't fight back. It was painful as it is, and he didn't want it to get any worse.
Skylor quietly gives the guy behind a simple nod before continuing.
" well, I guess you're wondering why you're here Kai" she begins, looking down at Kai who now avoided her eyes.
" the Black-order has been watching you for quite some time, and we believe you might be to good use here for us, seeing you being the elemental master of fire. You see Kai, your powers are unique, and Fire is the elemental of destruction, and most of all, it is Power." She quietly leaned forward towards him, now forcing Kai to look her in the eyes.
" has your masters ever told you about the Aero..?" A small grin crossed her lips as Kai only looks confused at her by the mention of it.
" thought so." She gave the signal to the man behind Kai to let go of him, and he did, Kai slowly lifting his head up from the table.
" what's an Aero..? It sounds stupid " Kai mumbled, keeping an eye out for the guy behind him.
" bring it in" she ordered one of the guards, and it didn't take long until they returned with an object Kai had never seen anything like it before. At first, it looked like a crystal, but as it was brought closer... it was something indescribable. The only thing he knew how to describe was it's color... red..... red like fire... burning fire.....
he just felt an urge to slowly reach out and touch the thing... his eyes were totally glued to it.... he couldn't keep his eyes off... it was... perfection...
Just as he was about to touch it, the object was moved out from his reach,  and suddenly he felt a sudden emptiness on the inside of himself, as if his joy of life had suddenly been sucked out of him.
Kai gasped for air. What what that!? Why did he feel such an urge to touch it!? Why couldn't he keep his eyes off the thing!? What was going on with him!?