"By the gods, you reek of alcohol."

Her eyes widened, "Oh, yeah..." I just had an existential crisis, "I just want wanted to have a bit of fun and got a bit carried away, it was at an inn so I was able to rent a bed for the night."

He frowned, "Well don't do that again," He poked her forehead, "At least not without me." She giggled, "Now, I think a bath is in order, there's one out in this corridor. I'll give you some space." He got up and walked away.

"Wait!" Jayne remembered something, he turned around and hummed, "Do you know how the prince is?"

"Uhh." He scratched his head, "When I went in there he was passed out, but with an injury like that he's gonna be in that bed for days, maybe even weeks, why?"

"Oh, uhh, curiosity."

He nodded and walked out, closing the door behind him. Leaving her to her lonesome.

-

As a physician, she only really has one job, take care of people. However, that was the one job she did not under any circumstance wanted to do. She sat in the corner of her room wearing a towel and reading a book since phones don't exist in this word, hoping no one would call for her today or any day. Yet with the limited amount of people employed there, it was inevitable.

There was a knock on her door, it was slightly being opened but Jayne threw her book at the door, "Don't come in!"

An old voice spoke, "Ah, sorry Jayne, I was just wondering if maybe we could do some further training on your medical skills to take your immaculate skills even higher."

She could tell it was the court physician through the door, and that his nice words were laced with a condescending attitude, considering how she reacted yesterday in the infirmary.

"Sure, just give me ten minutes."

-

They walked down the physicians' corridor, "How is he?"

"You mean the prince? He's fine, it'll be a few days before he can walk, and a few months until he can ride a horse again." She sighed in pity, "Do you want to see him?"

"N-no" Her voice cracked, her pitch rising to that of a child, "No," she coughed, clearing her voice, "No, I'm sure it's not necessary."

"Well, too bad child." He opened the door to the infirmary.

"Hey, wait!" She chased after him, not realising she stumbled into the infirmary when she gained balanced, she came face to face to the golden boy himself.

"Oh, hey, you're that girl from earlier, what was it? Janice?"

Jayne's face soured that he had the audacity to forget her name, "Jayne, actually." She snapped.

"Okay... sorry." He rolled his eyes not so subtly.

A realisation then dawned on her, "Wait a sec," She spoke to herself, "The fuck?"She whispered so no one could hear her. She then turned her attention toward him, "Do you remember anything since you ran into a branch.

His lips formed into a straight line, "Firstly, I did not run into a branch, secondly... no, all I really remember was the impact and... why are you here?"

"She's one of the physicians your highness." The head doctor grabbed something from the shelf.

"Oh... I think I remember father saying that." He stared off into the distance.

Meanwhile, Jayne was evaluating her situation. He got amnesia. Amnesia! Can this get any more cliche! At least he doesn't think he's infatuated with me anymore. The physician gave Desmideus a drink. Which he silently took.

The next few hours were irrelevant, Jayne and the court physician, otherwise known as Derrick headed off to a room where he taught her more stuff about the medical industry. Not that Jayne really took it in, still too hungover to have a functioning brain. She felt it rude to suddenly leave that boy, that boy being Helios Vaxater, however, she did not, under any circumstances, wanted to get involved in that mess. She just hoped his personality was like Desmideus' and he did not care for the one night stands he had with his girls. Not much was known for his character, as he his only a minor one, but he is related to the villainess, so she did not want to get close.

Jayne was ready to go to bed. However, in this world, the gods hate her.

"Hey!" An unfamiliar voice spoke out.

She stuck out her tongue before turning around, she was going to shout a 'what' until she saw who it was. Xalvador Veneficus; another goddam capture target.

-

a/n: Sorry for the delay I wrote this then it deleted itself lol so I lost motivation to write.

There isn't gonna be daily updates from now on cuz I got too much work to do and I'm busy replaying the game persona 5 for the new royal game coming out cuz I'm a weeb lol. Not that any of you asked for my personal life but IDC.

Lol thanks for reading my trash