The love letter : 2

Jisoo's point of view:

If the warm-hearted bookstore girl hadn't picked up the letter, I wouldn't have been troubled anymore.

But now... I'm disturbed again.

I sighed and placed my chin on my palm and looked at the letter. The world didn't end, should I give him the letter...?

Ugh! Whatever, I'll go to sleep for now.

~

"Chaeyoung, if you are into someone, will you take the initiative to confess?" I asked her nonchalantly while we were having lunch.

"Oh, my! Impossible!" She shrieked.

What the...? Isn't she overreacting?

"Why?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"If a girl takes initiative, it usually won't end well. Boys should take the initiative~"

"What if the boy is reserved? Someone has to be active."

Chaeyoung hit me with her spoon and spoke "Dummy. You need to captivate boys with your feminine charm. Such as... flipping your hair naturally, adorable expressions now and then~"

She demonstrated each and every expression, and I had to admit, she looked so damn cute. "Chaeyoung, I got to know why so many boys in our class fell for you..." I told her, looking at her in a daze.

"They're childish. I won't have a thing about them... you know Boombayah from BLACKPINK? I don't want a boy, I need a man~"

"Haha..."

~

Feminine charm... what does it mean? This is the first time I've thought about it...

School was over. I was standing near the window sill, watching all the kids hurry back home.

Why should girls learn how to apply makeup and wear skirts? Why shouldn't girls take the initiative to confess their feelings? Why are there numerous rules?

I started messing up my hair in frustration, muttering ' this is annoying ' now and then, when a voice startled me from downstairs "What annoys you? I can hear you talk downstairs..."

I gasped and moved away from the window. Isn't that Jin? I'm sure it is Jin! Oh, god!

"Jisoo, are you avoiding me?" He asked, climbing up the stairs.

"Why would I do so?" I asked, a bit flustered. I'm sure my cheeks are bright red by now. Boo-hoo.

I noticed that my hair was completely messed up. I tried flipping my hair naturally, but I don't think he even noticed it.

"Why didn't you come to play basketball these days?" He asked, looking a little concerned.

"Hmm... I had a painful period."

He folded his hands against his chest. "All right. But you should have told me so that I could find a substitute. The match is coming soon we have to practice more now." He was displeased.

So, he was concerned about the match? Not... about me? What did I expect...

Gritting my teeth, I asked him "Jin, if I don't play basketball, will you still be my friend?"

Jin widened his eyes in surprise. "Jisoo, are you having a fever? What's wrong? You always talked nonsense these days." He reached out his hand and placed it on my forehead to check the temperature.

I was flustered. What is he doing? Why is he confusing me? I slapped his arm away and started running "I don't wanna play basketball ."

"WHAT?!"

I ran towards the exit of the school. There was a dustbin nearby. I went towards it and tore my letter in half and dumped it.

"JISOO!" I heard Jin coming after me. I ran away, not wanting to talk to him. Hell, I didn't even wanted to look at his face.

I won't be disturbed anymore. I ran out of the school, crying. The letter will never be sent. Everything should be just hidden in my heart.

There is no need to feel sad because of him, to worry about the gains and losses.

It's great...

I was running with my eyes closed, and unintentionally, I bumped onto a lady. "I'm so sorry" I bowed down.

"Be careful" she gave me a sweet smile. Wow. She is so beautiful. Shoulder length hair with a mole on the top of her left eye. She looks fashionable and feminine. How I wish I could be like her...

~

That night, I really got a fever.

In the hazy dream, I seemed to be searching for someone... searching and searching...

Was I searching for myself?

Few days later, I went to school. I'm going to play basketball again. I cannot give it up for love...

I spotted Jin and waved at him. He smiled and walked towards me. I gave him a sweet smile and spoke "Jin, I hope you won't mind what I said the other day. I was totally out of my head"

Jin nodded his head "Sure, I won't. I know you won't give up on your teammates like that."

I scratched my nape shyly "Well, what can I do? I like basketball. I can't get used to wearing skirts and being a girly girl. Haha."

"I forgot to tell you, you looked pretty with the skirt and makeup."

Huh?

I lowered my head and spoke softly "But I'm not like that..."

"Haha. Anyway, Jisoo is always Jisoo." He stroked my head gently.

No. I should not get disturbed again.

"Fine! Let's go play basketball! It's been quite a while. I'm anxious to it." I said, turning away from him and start cracking my knuckles.

"Jisoo, are you just gonna be friends with me?"

I froze in my spot. Wait... what? Did I hear it right? No way.

"Wh... what?" I asked, turning around to face him.

I could see a tint of redness in his cheeks. "I found a letter the other day. It was ripped, but I suppose it was for me." He smiled warm-heartedly.

I gasped. No way.

"I want to tell the person who wrote the letter... that I always had feelings for her."