Barcelona-George Russel

I been lucky to call Barcelona my home for all my life, Barcelona would always go quite after Christmas time till when f1 testing came back in early spring. Every year since I could remember my grandfather and I would take me to see f1 testing, he had always been involved in motorsport in Spain. Sadly late last year, he passed away, it been the hardest thing that has ever happened to me . Since my grandfather partly owned the Barcelona race track, I was given a lifetime pass to the track. Now that f1 testing was back, I was invited by Carlos Sainz, who had a childhood friend that I still was good friends, he knew how hard it had been to lose my grandfather, so he invited to watch the testing at McLaren, I told I would think about, I could see the track from my apartment which was a big reason I bought it.

the night before the first day of testing Carlos invited me out for a meal, with some friends I decided to go I had busy with work and school and I knew I needed a night just to have fun.I walked to the restaurant were we meeting, when Carlos and I would always gone  to our whole life,I walked to see him sitting at the table in the back, he stood up and gave me a hug.

-How have you been Sofiana?

-Alright, living.

-You know I here for you.

-I know Carlitos.

-Please stop calling me that.

-I won't until the day I die.

We order food, and caught up, Carlos was like another brother to me. We finished our main meal and ordered dessert.

-So are you going to come tomorrow?

-I don't know Carlos.

-We both know Grandfather would want you to go.

-I know Carlos, but I still miss him still and that was our thing.

-Come on please, just for a couple of hours,for me.

He put on his baby eyes on.

-Fine

-I pick you tomorrow.

I was walking into the paddock with Carlos and his girlfriend, Isa we walked towards the McLaren motorhome, it was the weirdest feeling to be here without my grandfather, some people who knew my grandfather came up to me. Before I knew it Carlos was out on the track, being alone I felt upset,I walked out of the garage to have a walk alone.

I walked to a place of the track where you could see the whole track but no one could see you,not many knew it was there. I sat down and looked over the track, then I left someone sit beside me, I looked over to see a man I recognized as George Rusell.

-you don't mind me sitting here do you?
-no it's fine
-I didn't know anyone else knew about this spot.
-neither did I
-I am George by the way.
-Sofiana, nice to meet you.
-so Sofiana tell me what are you doing here all alone.
-just needed a break from the noise.
-yeah the noise gets pretty bad in the pits.
-you can say that again.
-I guessing this isn't you first time here.
-no I use to come watch testing ever year with my grandfather.

We sat and chatted for hours , I never met anyone who made talking so easy, he made me laugh for hours.It was getting darker
,I stood up to leave and said goodbye to George
-just one more thing Sofiana.
Before I knew it he was kissing me, it felt like the whole world had stopped and it was just him and me