32

a/n: listen to the song when they start cleaning ;)

Chapter Thirty-Two

I had never woken up so happy in my life until the next morning. By the time my eyes opened completely, there was a smile on my face. I sat up in my bed and turned to look at the clock on my nightstand.

9:36 a.m.

I squealed excitedly and hopped out of bed, skipping into my restroom. Only three hours until Emmie arrived.

I quickly brushed my teeth and then washed my face, scrubbing the tired out of it. I skipped back into my room once I finished up and changed out of my Hello Kitty pajamas and into some jeans and a comfortable knitted sweater, pulling my hair into a messy ponytail in the process. Once it was secured with a black hair tie, I walked over to my full length mirror to make sure my outfit looked decent.

I stared at my reflection and was surprised to see how happy I looked. My eyes were bright and shining, and my cheeks were tinged with a healthy pink. I guess the fact that Logan was supposed to be coming in a few minutes to help me clean and be here for when Emmie arrived also added to my growing excitement.

Just as his handsome face came into my mind, the doorbell rang – it's little chime echoed throughout the house.

I smiled at myself in the mirror before I turned around and walked out of my room. The bell rang again and again and again until I finally reached the door, pulling it open to see Logan standing in front of me, his finger hovering over the doorbell.

I raised an eyebrow at him in amusement.

He shrugged, offering me a goofy smile.

"Come in," I chuckled, opening the door wide enough for him to enter.

He walked through the door and glanced around with raised eyebrows, at all the dishes and pizza boxes and blankets that were laying around in the living room, the pile of unwashed dishes in the kitchen, and the mountain of trash in the trash bin.

"You really weren't lying when you said you had to clean." Logan muttered as he looked around, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. He rubbed his hands together, blowing air into them, and turned to me. "Let's get this place cleaned up!"

"Good idea." I agreed, nodding my head. "We can start here in the living room." I made my way over to start picking up the dirty dishes that were stacked on the coffee table.

"Wait," Logan said suddenly. I turned around and looked at him expectantly. "We're missing something." He said, looking around and tapping his chin thoughtfully.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Do you have something I can connect my phone to to play music?" He asked.

I pointed over to the kitchen island where I had left the speaker from the last time I had used it.

"Great," he said and went to plug his phone in. I watched as he turned it on and scrolled through the music on his phone, debating which song he wanted to play first.

While he decided, I couldn't help but stare at him. He wore a dark blue sweater and jeans and his hair styled messily.

He's so good looking, it hurts.

I was so busy ogling Logan that it startled me when the beat to Walking On Sunshine began playing on the speaker. Logan turned around to face me, snapping his fingers and jerking his head to the beat. I raised my eyebrows at him and couldn't help the grin slowly spreading across my face. He walked over to the pantry, putting a little hop in his step. I laughed. He looked completely and utterly ridiculous, but extremely attractive at the same time. He grabbed a trash bag and then danced his way into the living room while opening the bag to the rhythm.