6 (part 2)

Chapter Six (part two)

"Is she dead?"

"You better hope she's not. This all your fault, anyways. If you had been paying more attention, you wouldn't have accidentally hit her in the head!"

"Hey, it was an accident!"

"Yeah, sure, whatever--"

"Guys, guys, I think she's waking up!"

As I started regaining consciousness, I became aware of my surroundings. I could hear three male voices on either side of me, arguing about who knows what, and children squealing and laughing in the distance. My skin felt like it was on fire, and my body was in the most uncomfortable position ever. It almost felt as if I was lying on rocks and pebbles.

My head suddenly began throbbing and pounding, and I winced in pain.

Jesus, what happened? Why does my head hurt so much?

The last thing I remembered was that I was at the park, and I was passing the basketball court when someone shouted heads up and...

That's when it finally clicked.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open. Staring down at me were the three guys that I must have heard arguing before. To my left, there were two guys I didn't recongnize. One had blonde hair, with strands of light brown here and there. He had chocolate brown eyes, and a strong, built body. The other guy had dark, black hair that was long enough it curled upwards at the tips. He had clear, ocean blue eyes and a slightly less muscular body. He was also holding a basketball under his arm, which must have been the culprit of all this.

When I looked to may right, I instantly recognized the guy kneeled down beside me, and my eyes widened.

Logan.

I tried to lift myself up but the pain in my head only worsened. My hand flew up to hold my forehead. "Ow, ow, ow."

"Are you okay?" Blondie asked, looking down at me with knitted eyebrows.

"Not really," I mumbled.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized, "I was aiming for the hoop, but it went a little farther than I expected and hit you in the.. head."

"Oh, um, it's okay." I said quietly. I was beginning feeling uncomfortable and awkward, lying here surrounded by guys I didn't really know.

I tried to get up by myself, but Logan stopped me, holding his hand out to me. "Here, let me help you."

I reluctantly grabbed his hand and let him pull me up. As soon as I was on my feet, my head started spinning and I winced, bringing my hands up to my forehead.

"I'm really--"

Before Blondie could apologize once more, I interrupted him. "It's okay, really." I said as I offered him a tight smile. "I'm fine. But, um, I have get going so.."

"Wait, do you know the way to the doctors'?" Logan asked, placing a hand on my arm.

I honestly wasn't even considering going to the doctor, and even if I was, I didn't bring my car. But I knew that if I told Logan, he'd probably take me.

"Yeah," I lied, nodding my head.

"Oh, alright. Well, I guess I'll see you Monday." He said, giving me a half-smile.