Run and Hide

"Scout, I'm going to go. Can you let the guys know?" I whispered. He nodded but frowned. "Is anyone picking you up?"

"Yeah, a friend is downstairs." I lied. His eyes shifted to mine and he took my face lightly in his hands. His dark eyes searched mine and for a moment, I felt lost but sane. I felt something.

"Did you take something?" I closed my eyes.

"No." I lied again. The pills were just beginning to take affect.

"Danny, quit lying. Let me take you home." I bit my lip and shook my head.

"I wasn't going home. Jason's at his place and Beck is out of town and I forgot my keys." I whispered.

"Where were you going then?"

I shrugged. "Probably walk around then end back up at Jason's." I looked down, feeling a lump beginning to form in my throat, but I willed it back down.

"He just uses me. They both do. At least Jason's straight up about it." Naturally, I would have cried, but the pills made it easier not to.

"I'll take you to my place. I'll go grab my stuff." Before I could object, he walked off. Tyler came and said goodbye, giving me a brotherly kiss on the forehead. "We'll catch up tomorrow, just you and me." He whispered and I nodded. Sky gave me a hug too, which managed to lift me off the ground with zero effort. AJ and Josh both waved and Michael bit his lip again, watching Scout open the door for me.

"Danny, wait." He pleaded, his voice wasn't strong, but he hesitated before he came over to me. "I'm sorry, please just let me explain." His eyes screamed helpless and I frowned.

"Why should I? You were going to go all the way with me, and you're in a relationship." I wasn't angry, to my own surprise. But him standing so close to me was making my head fuzzy.

"She isn't you though." He whispered.

"You're right, she isn't. Lucky her." I turned and walked out, Scout trailing behind me.

The car ride wasn't dull. It was fun. We blasted ACDC and sang loudly, in an effort to distract me. It mostly worked, but as soon as silence fell between the tracks, Michael's face crept back in my mind. "She isn't you though."

We got to Scout's small house and I smiled at him. "Thank you for letting me stay here tonight." I told him. He smiled.

"Sure thing."

After a quick tour of the house, Scout and I laid in his bed drinking beer, talking. "So when did they meet?" I asked after a while of silence. I heard him swallow.

"The day you left." Ouch.

"When did they start dating?" I was afraid to ask.

"The day after you left." Scout's hand found mine and I took comfort in that.

I had so many questions, but decided against most of them.

"What's she like?" I settled for.

"She's a nice girl, a little clingy. Not you though." I heard him smile through his last words and found myself doing the same.

"Why Jason?" He wondered aloud and I swallowed. "He was all I knew."

"You can know me?" He asked in a deep voice and I giggled. "I'd love to know you, Ty." I said playfully and he squeezed my hand a little.

"Can I get changed?" I asked.

"Sure, I won't look. It's dark in here anyway."

It was dark, but I knew he would still be able to make me out. But honestly, I didn't care. It was kind of exciting.

I got up and undressed, leaving just my bra and underwear on purpose. I climbed back on the bed and Scout searched for my hand again, but brushed my bare thigh. "Sorry." His voice wasn't at all shaky, and I bit my lip, wondering if anything would happen.

Our fingers interwined and I sighed a little out of comfort. Is this what it's like to be in a relationship? To feel so comfortable around someone that you don't mind what happens next? His thumb traced small circles on my hand and I turned to face him.

Even with no light, I could see his eyes. They were bright and he smiled at me. I closed my eyes and felt his fingers stroke my hair lightly for a while before I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to Ty's snoring beside me. If I wasn't so stiff and sore I probably would have giggled. My phone buzzed beside me and I checked it, seeing Michael's name pop up on the screen.

Danny im so sorry. Please tell me you're okay.

I bit my lip and decided not to reply. Leave him in suspense. Then Ty's phone started buzzing. It was next to mine and I looked over at him. He was still snoring away and I picked up the phone. Michael's name appeared and I opened the message. I had to know what he said.

I know she is with you. Just don't lose her like I did. Make her happy.

My breathing began to falter and I ran my hands through my hair and burried my face in my knees. Why did he do this to me? Why was it so hard to walk away from him? I looked around for my clothes and hurriedly got dressed. Ty's house wasn't far from Michael's. I leanted over Ty and gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek, leaving him a note.

Gone to Michael's. I'm safe. Promise.

It was too bright outside and I squinted to find my sunglasses. The walk to Michael's was longer than I had thought, but I arrived there after fourty long minutes filled with anticipation and a knot growing bigger in my stomach from the moment I left.

I took in a deep breath and knocked on the door. "Coming!" A female's voice appeared and I flinched. I turned around, ready to run off but the door opened.

She was beautiful. Long, blonde hair that shone like sunlight, a thin figure but curvey, her skin looked photoshopped. Her eyes were the brightest shade of green I'd ever seen. She wore a black beanie with skin tight light blue jeans and a red tank top.

I didn't stand a chance.

"Hi, can I help you?" She asked. flashing me a smile with bright white perfect teeth. My whole heart sank to my feet and I forced a smile. "Sorry, wrong house." I laughed but it was fake and she gave me a warm smile. "Oh, that's okay. You look so familiar though! Have we met?" I immediately shook my head. My eyes trailed behind her where Michael stood shirtless, staring at me.

"Danny." Hi, Michael. I love you but it doesn't matter now that you're dating a supermodel who I'm pretty sure is a bloodline descendent from a godness. Have a nice life together.

"Hey," I blushed, getting caught out for lying to Josie.

"Oh! You're Danny." Her smile didn't falter and I blushed a deeper red with embarrassment.

"Yeah, you must be Josie." I smiled, but I was dying inside. She nodded. "Come on in."

"Oh, that's okay. I actually just came to tell Michael something." I could not go in there. Not where we kissed. Not where I wanted to do unspeakable things to her boyfriend.

"What is it?" Michael smiled politely but his eyes were darkened with sadness.

"Uh," Josie wasn't leaving. I wouldn't say what I wanted to with her there.

"Ty got your message." What? No. Why would I come all the way here to tell him something so ridiculous. His eyes dropped. I knew he knew what I meant.

"He says it's okay." I said and shot Josie a smile. "I have to go. It was nice meeting you. Bye, Michael." With that, I left.

I wandered back to Ty's house where I found him still asleep. I took the note and ripped it up before getting undressed and laying beside him again, as if nothing had changed. As if my world was still in tact, as if I still stood a chance with Michael.

Ty groaned and stretched out his arms, yawning. He turned to me and opened his eyes. "Morning, beautiful."

"Morning."