The Beginning of Something New

I'm not sure what made me do it, whether it was because of my mixed emotions towards Michael, my fear of Jason, because I was lonely, or if  I was geniunely falling for Ty that laid next to me, but when I had woken up and Ty was still there, his eyes closed with sleep, I leant up and kissed his cheek softly, remembering the words he had told me last night, "Sometimes just going with it can take you down the right path". He began to stir and stretched his legs out inside the tiny bunk, groaning with tiredness. I smiled and he rubbed his face before turning to me, then smiling. "Did you kiss me?" He asked and I blushed.

"Only on the cheek, didn't mean much." I laughed nervously and he grinned even more.

"Then why are you going bright red if it didn't mean much?" He laughed and turned over so that we were facing each other. I rolled my eyes and ignored his question. "How did you sleep?" I asked and he shrugged. "Better actually than what I normally do." He pointed out and we heard Michael stir above us, jumping down from his bunk.

Suddenly and abruptly, my curtain was pulled back to find a grinning Skyler with messy hair and an untrimmed beard. "Morning lovebirds." He winked and Ty and I laughed, muttering 'whatever'. Ty turned to me once Sky had left and begun shouting that Ty was in my bunk. "We should get up." He stated and I sighed but nodded. He leant over and kissed my forehead before taking his leave. I followed persuit and managed to find a clean shirt lying around that I claimed. I got dressed in the back lounge like always and realized the shirt was Michael's. I could tell because his sweet scent of colonge lingered on it. For a moment, I stood there and thought about what Ty had said to me last night, about Michael not being ready to settle down. Not to mention we were on tour and there was no shortage of girls willing to comply to his every need. I frowned a little at my realization of that and found myself playing with the hem of his shirt nervously. I needed something to distract myself, so I went to the kitchen and began making toast. 

"Guess what mother fuckers?" AJ strode into the lounge behind a very excited Tyler and Michael holding his phone in his hand. "It's our mother fucking day off!" He announced as if we didn't know. But none the less, we cheered and I sat down with my breakfast beside Ty who looked more rested than usual. I guess he really did sleep better last night.

"We are nearly at the hotel." Michael rubbed his hands together and I laughed.

"Keen on some of those bikini babes at the pool?" I asked and he nodded, confirming my suspiscions as well as making my stomach knot in jealousy. Suddenly, Ty's arm rested around my shoulders and he leant in, taking a slice of my toast without asking. I gawked at him. "Make your own breakfast, bitch." He laughed and ate half of the slice in one bite.

"You love me." He winked and I rolled my eyes, getting comfier with his arm around me, like last night. As I realised everything was pushing me toward Ty rather than Michael, I knew I was confused. Becuase I was ridiculously attracted to both of them. What made it an easier descision was that Michael had made it clear he was looking for one night stands, whereas Ty was showing more interest in just me. But part of me still wished Michael would, too.

######################

The hotel was beautiful and large, with neat rooms with silky sheets and comfy beds that made my bunk look like a rock. To make it cheaper, we were all sharing rooms. Josh and AJ, Tyler and Sky, Michael and i and Ty all sharing a room. They had offered to get me my own room but I declined, not wanting to be a hassle and an expense.  The only thing now was that I was sharing a room with the two guys I liked. I silently hoped Michael wouldn't get lucky while we were here. I really didn't want to hear or see him with another girl.

"This place is so fucking cool." Ty collapsed on the bed and I laughed, realising there were only two Queen Size beds. "Who wants to share?" I asked and both Michael and Ty replied in unison "Me" which made me blush and the tension in the air rise. "Up to you, then." Michael smiled but there was something behind his eyes that told me he was competing with Ty. "I'm not fussed. We can sort it out later." I suggested and they agreed. In the mean time, I took my bikini out of my back pack and slipped into the bathroom to put it on. Nervously, I looked myself over in the mirror. I won't lie, I'm not skinny, but I'm not over weight. I had big hips, a little muffin top, and my stomach wasn't completely flat either, but I threw a shirt over my top half to cover up a little.

I walked out and the boys were both in their trunks, and shirtless ready to head down to the pool. I gulped, taking in Michael's abs as he stretched, trying to losen his muscles. Then I noticed Ty's chest and had to look away. I seriously needed to figure out how to not get weird around half naked guys I lived with. As we walked down the hall, I noticed Michael walking a little ahead, texting someone. Before I could think too much of it, Ty was beside me, his arm around my shoulders again, pulling me into him. I smiled. "You can go swimming in a shirt and your underwear, but won't walk around like this on the bus?" He asked skeptically and I laughed, playfully punching him in the chest. "It's different!" I insisted and he shook his head, taking my hands as I walked backwards towards the elevator. I noticed his eyes trail down my body, then back up. "No it isn't." He smirked and I felt an erruption of butterflies in my stomach. It was suddenly very hot.

The pool was crowded, but we managed to find two free sunbathing chairs beside where Tyler was, trying to get a tan. Sky had somehow found a water pistol and was terrorising people with it, while AJ and Josh had decided to jump in the pool and relax. Michael sat in one of the free chairs, talking to Tyler, leaving Ty and I to find something to do.

"Want to go in the spa?" I suggested and he obliged. Thankfully, the spa had just been vacated and the people getting out looked like human shrimps. I chuckled as I stepped down into the bubbling water, feeling it's heat wash over me. I invited Ty in and he came over and sat beside me, despite having the whole spa to ourselves. "Do you miss home?" I asked him suddenly and he nodded.

"Of course. It's always hard leaving your family and home for months on end, but having Sky here with me helps." We looked over to the crazy haired man child that had now targetted Josh and AJ. We chuckled at them. "Do you miss your family?" I shook my head.

"Didn't know them. I grew up with my best friend's family. Her parent's passed away two years ago, and it was harder for her, but it was hard for me too, you know? They were like my parents as well. Becky and I have always been close." I explained and he nodded.

"What about that Jason guy?" He wondered and I laughed whole heartedly at the thought.

"No, definately do not miss him." I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"Good." I looked at him from the corner of my eye and noticed his gaze on me.

"Why's that?" I asked, looking over at him. He moved closer and I felt our arms touch.

"Because I-"

"Hey. guys. Mind if we join you?" Michael stepped into the water and let out a sigh of relief as the hot water embraced him. A girl with insanely blonde hair followed him and sat on his lap, not hesitating to kiss him. He breifly pulled away to introduce us. "Dan, Ty, this is Lisa." He said and she smiled at us.

I looked down, careful not to make it obvious that my heart was in a game of tug of war. I composed myself and turned to Ty. "Sorry, what were you going to say?" I asked and he shook his head with a small smile. "Nevermind." It didn't take long for Ty and I to get sick of Michael and Lisa's kissing sounds, so we left to go jump in the pool. Ty jumped in first then called me in, but it looked so cold and I didn't want to freeze to death.

"Josh, help a brother out!" Ty called him and Josh realised what he was being asked. I didn't have time to run as he lifted me into his arms, heaved and then released me into the pool of ice water. I shrieked but it was no use. The cold enveloped me and I surfaced, finding Ty in hysterics as my teeth chattered. I swam over to him and he grinned. "You cold?"

"What do you think?" I asked sarcastically and he chuckled.

"Come 'ere." He pulled me in and even though the water was cold, his body was radiating heat and I  wrapped my legs around his waist, my arms around his neck to keep me warm against him. The water was shallower and he walked us to the free corner of the pool, never letting me go. The sun on my face was welcomed and I smiled. This felt perfect. Ty and I stayed like that for a while, with him just holding me and laughing about stupid things the boys did on stage. After what must have been at least an hour, the sun began to set and we decided to get out. The others had already left to go clean up for dinner and Ty and I were running late.

We jogged down the hall and opened our door, but I stopped dead in my tracks. Michael and Lisa hurried to cover themselves up, but I'd already seen too much. Ty's hand fell on the small of my back and he apologized and closed the door, leaving us alone in the hall. I stared at the door motionlessly, unable to comprehend all my feelings. I could only sense jealously and hurt, but at the same time, relief that I wasn't alone, that Ty was here with me.