Drawings

I looked up from my small merch table in the foyer, having a clear view of the stage from where I sat, feet on the table. The music was loud and there were fans everywhere, but the table had been quiet since the boys began playing.

I wanted to run out there and watch but I had no one to watch the table. I knew I would have many more opportunities to though at other shows.

By the end, I heard the boys thanking the crowd and heard Tyler say something that caught my attention. "Head over to our merch table out front for some rad shirts. Our sexy merch girl Danny will be happy to help you!" He annouced and the crowd cheered them off, then they flooded out toward me.

After an hour of selling more shirts and merchandise, the last of the crowd left and the staff of the venue closed the doors. As I packed away the little remaining shirts, I saw Michael jump off the stage and jog toward me.

I greeted him with a sweet smile and he returned his charming half smile back at me, causing me to fumble with the shirts in my hands. "Hey, need some help?" He offered and I nodded. "That'd be awesome. You guys were great by the way." I added, watching him stack the boxes. "Thank you. You should come watch a show sidestage soon, we could get Mark to sell the shirts." He suggested and I nodded. Mark was one of their close friends as well as their guitar tech. He and the other technicians were on a separate, smaller bus that usually arrived a little earlier than us to set up.

Michael and I made just one trip between us with the merch. It looked cloudy and sad outside, no stars shining and the moon was nowhere to be seen. As we loaded up the bus and sat down, we started moving and before we knew it, we were back on the road.

The boys looked dead tired and exhausted, but the looks in their eyes were ecstatic and wild, as if they would be young forever. They each took it in turns to shower and I sat peacefully on the couch, my sketch book in front of me.

I began sketching random objects before I noticed Michael sitting a few feet away, his full attention on the Tv and the game on the screen. I smirked mischievously to myself and turned to a new page, beginning my drawing of the front man.

I was almost done by the time Michael groaned and dropped the controller. He took a long swig of his beer before he looked around, catching my eye. Then he smiled. "What are you looking so smug about?" He asked curiously, eyeing me suspiciously. I chuckled. "Nothing at all. What are you on about?" I lied and AJ walked into the room, collapsing beside me. Before I could stop him, he had snatched the book out of my hands and ran over to Michael.

"Dude, check this out!" He showed him the sketch and I blushed furiously, standing up and taking the from them harshly. "Did you draw that?" Michael asked and I nodded. "It's nothing." I insisted and AJ laughed. "Bitch please, you could be famous." He said and ruffled my hair playfully. "Well I'm not, so..." I laughed and threw the book aside, sitting beside Michael and picking up the second controller.