CHAPTER 50

CHAPTER 50

Every tick of the clock, felt like eternity. And I could hear every damn tick because that's how quiet everything was. All I could hear was the horrible, scary thoughts in my mind and that stupid wall clock that was making me more and more anxious with every passing second.

No, Richard Black had not left. He was sitting right there, in a rotating chair, playing with his gun if I might add and not forgetting to pass me a smirk every now and then. This man is sick to the core of his heart. He has no sentiments, he knows no love. He feels no pain, no happiness. All he knows and understands is greed and lust for power.

"We need to do something." I hushed to John.

"We can just sit and wait." He hushed back.

"You can't be kidding me." I looked at him angrily.

"I am not. You move, he shoots. That's his favorite game." Well that did shut me up.

I started wondering how much time had passed since I have been abducted. They could be here any second. And right then my trail of thoughts cut off as the door of the room opened wide and Ryder stood there looking like a death wish. His hair was all messy, his shirt crumbled and he was panting like he had come all the way over here running. He scanned the room immediately and his eyes after doing a 360 degrees rested on me. He relaxed a bit realizing I was still alive and breathing. Then he turned towards his father. I thought he would walk up to me but instead he moved straight towards his father.

He stared at him with so much anger and hatred that I could not even describe in words. He was looking right into his father's eyes and I wondered if he might punch him. Well he should punch him but I was also aware of all the guards standing with loaded guns.

"I see you came alone. You are more stupid than I took you for." Richard said to Ryder, not even a slightest bit intimidated.

"You son of a bitch." Ryder said to his father, each word covered with loathe, as he took another step towards him. His father just smiled.

"I could kill you right here." Ryder took another step towards him.

"I would not make that mistake if I were you." Richard smirked. And suddenly all the guards that were waiting outside were now inside the room. Their guns aimed all at Ryder, waiting for their boss to signal.

"What do you want Richard?" Ryder asked not even caring about the guns that were aimed at him.

"All I ever wanted was you my son. For you to take over this family and run like a real leader but instead you decided to run after this filthy woman. Do you know how many men she is currently dating?"

"Hey! Stay out of my dating life!" It was my turn to glare at him. Richard just rolled his eyes at me.

"That stupid woman can neither keep her mouth closed nor her legs." He turned again towards Ryder.

"That's enough." It was Ryder's turn to roar and this time Richard was indeed taken back.

"You say another bad word about her and I will kill you before your men can even blink. Don't forget father, I have trained under you. I still know hundred ways to murder you before you even realize it."

Richard smiled and it wasn't a smirk. He actually smiled at Ryder fondly as if he was looking at his long lost son.

"That's the son I had lost. I haven't seen this fire inside you for years. That's what we need. That's what this family needs. Unfortunately, it had all been wasted and that's all because of you." Richard suddenly turned towards me. His eyes were furious and if it were a dragon cartoon show, I am sure you would have seen fire coming out of his mouth and nose.

I was so intimated with his eyes that I didn't even notice when Richard took out his gun but in mere seconds, it was aimed at me.

"Nothing is more painful than the loss of love and spending your life alone, away from people you love. Looking at them from the far but not able to reach them. I wanted you to suffer this all. I wanted you to go through all this pain that I did. I wanted you to spend the rest of your life alone, with no one to love you. But guess what? I changed my mind."

Richard pointed the gun right in front of me. This is it. Everything was over. I was about to become a dead woman. My whole life flashed in front of me in mere seconds. I closed my eyes. Waiting for the bullet to come and shear me.

"Not so fast Richard. Put that gun down."

I opened my eyes to look at my father standing right beside Ryder. He was wearing some really expensive looking suit and was standing with his hand in his pant pockets. I noticed Joffery and Josh standing right behind him. Yes dad bring in more baits. How about the police?

"Smith, my old friend. It's so good to finally see you again. How are you doing buddy? I see you have brought guests." Richard smiled and walked towards my father.

I actually heaved a sigh of relief once the gun was out of my sight but that didn't mean I was out of danger. Having dad here gave me some hope but I actually expected him to call the police.

Richard went ahead and hugged my father, who went stiff. Dad didn't say a word. Richard backed up.

"I see you are still upset with me?"

"Seeing that you tried killing my daughter just ten seconds back pretty much answers it."

"Point taken. And I see you brought my other son."

"It's good to finally see you Josh." Richard said looking beamingly towards Josh.

"I wish I could say the same for you." Josh replied.

"I see you have been spending a lot of time with her." Richard pointed towards me.

Josh' attention finally rested on me. I could see a flood of emotions in his eyes but he then turned to his father and put on a small smile.

"Better than yours."

"You wouldn't say the same about her." Richard stepped aside so that Josh can get a complete and better look at the fragile woman sitting silently in the corner, lost in herself but still aware of everything around her.

Josh, confused, looked at the direction of his mom. It was as if he didn't even recognize her at first. He was lost. He was shocked. He could not believe she was still alive. All these years when he thought he was alone in the world, when he had no family, when he thought she was dead and there's nothing he could do about it, she was trapped. She was waiting for her son to come save her who believed that she was dead.

Josh took a shaky step towards her. He moved past Richard and stood right in front of his mother. Regina looked up, a little confused and mostly scared of the man standing in front of him. But when she looked in his eyes, hers lit up.

"Josh." She whispered softly. Tears welled up in her eyes. She was still in shock that her son was actually standing right in front of her.

Josh kneeled in front of her. He took her hands in his and his lips quivered. He was trying really hard to not cry.

"Mom." He finally said and a tear rolled down his left eye.

"It's really you." she smiled rightly looking at her son after so many years.

"Yes, it is me." Josh couldn't help but smile at her.

Unfortunately their small reunion was disturbed by the devil.

"Ah! Family reunions are always so sentimental."

"What have you done to her?" Josh suddenly stood up and shouted at Richard.

I have never seen Josh so furious ever. His hands were shaking with anger. He was ready to beat the shit out of his father and very frankly I would be pleased to see that episode. But I was very aware of the men ready with their guns loaded who would not hesitate to shoot for their boss.

"Nothing that I wouldn't do again if you don't willingly come with me." All the humor was gone from Richard's face. His eyes turned so dark that even the king of hell would think twice before messing up with him at this moment.

This time Richard Black raised his gun to shoot. And I was the first target.