CHAPTER 17

Author's note: hey guys. sorry for vanishing like that. But here I am. as you might have guessed, this is unedited. but enjoy. don't forget to vote and comment.

CHAPTER 17

Ryder took a calculative step towards me, my phone clutched in his grip so hard that his knuckles turned almost white.

I took a defensive step backwards as his eyes bore holes into me. Ryder Black is capable of destroying anything or anyone on his way when he is this upset. His eyes turned into an unidentified shade of resentment. I took another step back. My hands roamed on the table set beside me to get hold of something, anything to protect myself from his rage. I didn't actually believe he would hurt me of all the persons; I was just taking protective step here. Or at least that is what I tried to convince myself.

He stopped, mid way. His eyes travelled down to my hand that I immediately hid behind my back.

"You thought I was going to hurt you?" His eyes blared with fury. I don't actually know it was a question or a statement. A shiver ran down my back as his words hit me, dipped in venom. I gulped.

"You think I could ever lay a finger on you?" His voice lowered, almost like a whisper. The rage in his eyes turned into hurt. He kept staring at me, waiting for me to say something but nothing came out of my mouth. And then within a blink of an eye, he crossed the distance between us, pushed me back to the wall and placed both his hands on either side of me, encaging me.

I gasped as my back hit the wall and the pain shot through my body.

"Ryder, what are you doing?" I hissed. My eyes were wide like saucers as I stared at his dark ones.

He looked down at me with so much intensity that a chill ran over my entire body. I could feel his ragged breathing on my face. His familiar scent of aftershave hit me and I suddenly realized how close we were standing to each other. I know now was not the right time but my eyes landed on his full lips and my heart started going into frenzy. I had to move away from him but there was no space. I was encaged between him and the wall. I looked down to avoid making eye contact with him.

"Look at me, Katherine." My heart skipped a beat as my name rolled out of his mouth. I kept looking down, suddenly finding the tiles of my floor very interesting.

"Look at me." He said again, this time with a certain degree of authority. And I did.

Ryder's eyes travelled to my lips and he gulped. After a minute of staring at each other he finally opened his mouth.

"Tell me what happened last night Katherine or God forbid me I will hunt him down and beat him to shit unless he tells me." He spat the words.

My eyes turned wider, almost coming out of their sockets, as those words left his mouth. I opened my mouth in an attempt to say something, anything and then closed it again. I must be looking like a gold fish right now, just scared shitless.

"Kat?"

"Wekissed." I said in a go, looking everywhere but at him.

He looked at me completely lost, not understanding a word that came out of my mouth.

"What?" He asked.

A sigh escaped my lips. I took a deep breath, looked up and stared into his eyes.

"We kissed." I said, this time a little slower.

A minute passed without any movement. Both of us were rooted to our positions. The only noise surrounding us was our ragged breathing.

After what felt like hours, but was actually a couple of minutes, Ryder slowly took a step back, and then another. Weirdly enough, I started missing the heat radiating from him but stayed rooted where I was.

"What?" He asked once again.

I sighed again.

"We kissed, Ryder. You know what a kiss is."

He turned away from me.

"Fuck." He muttered and took another step away. He kept muttering profanities as he paced around the room.

"Ryder." I called out his name but he did not even look at me.

"Ryder." I said a little louder. This time he turned around to look at me and if looks could kill, I would have been buried ten feets deep in the ground by now. He walked slowly towards me and stood right in front of me. His fingers were formed into a fist and his knuckles turned completely white.

"He kissed you?" Anger dripped from his words. I simply nodded my head in response.

Suddenly a banging noise came from beside me where Ryder had slammed his fist into the wall.

"Fuck. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck." Those were the only words coming out of his mouth as I stood there in complete shock as to what just happened. My face turned completely pale, as if I have just seen a ghost.

Did he just...? My eyes were ready to jump out of their sockets. I could not comprehend what just happened and for a moment, I stood still.

"I am going to kill him." He said and started walking towards the door.

Ah ha. This is not good. Speak up Katherine, move. Do anything. Stop him. My mouth felt dry. I was still standing there completely lost.

"Ryder." I could finally utter but my voice came out shaky. Ryder did not pay any heed to me and continued walking towards the door with a mission of destruction.

I walked towards him when he did not stop even after calling his names multiple times. I pulled him by his right arm in an attempt to stop him. In-spite of my efforts being weak and Ryder being double my size, he stopped. He slowly turned around; his nostrils flared and if it was a cartoon show there would have been smoke coming out of his ears.

I gulped even though I was not chewing anything.

"You cannot just walk up to him and punch him." I said.

Ryder smirked, a woeful smirk.

"Watch me." that was all he said before resuming his way towards the exit.

"Ryder stop it." I shouted.

"Ryder, enough. Stop acting like you have any say in my life. You do not have any control over me Ryder. If you can marry another woman, I can kiss whoever I want. Hell I can sleep with whoever I want. And that is none of your business." I was shouting at the peak of my voice by now. My body was shivering, not with fear but with fury.

The next thing that happened was so sudden I could not comprehend it. One moment I was shouting at him, the other my lips were pressed to his. His one hand was wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer and the other hand was on my cheek. Ryder's lips were hard at first, rough and demanding as if he was trying to prove a point. As if he was trying to mark his territory. Fire works erupted from behind as we deepened the kiss. My hands acted on their own and found their way towards him and wrapped themselves in his hair. Ryder bit on my lower lip and I gasped in response. He took the opportunity to push his tongue inside my mouth. I moaned into the kiss. In response, Ryder's lips turned halfway upwards into a smirk.

I was the first one to pull from the kiss, grasping for air. After calming my ragged breathing to a normal level, I looked at Ryder who was still smirking at me, all the anger suddenly vanished from his eys but the look on his face said that he has achieved something better than breaking someone's nose tonight.

And from where I am standing, the 'look' does not look appealing at all. And I am sure I am in some deep shit.