CHAPTER 26

Author's note: Hey guys I am back with another chapter. Hope you like it. Don't forget to vote and comment and sorry for the grammatical mistakes. Also, please read the author's note at the end of the chapter.

CHAPTER 26

My eyes circled around the room intrigued, resting on each of the ones sitting around for a couple of seconds before moving to the next one. I straightened my back and closed the file in front of me.

"So gentlemen, any questions?" I asked. My voice was sharp, clearly indicating that I was not in any mood of taking any kind of shit from anyone.

Some of the heads shook in a no while others remained unresponsive. I raised an eyebrow questioningly which I don't think wasn't such a great idea as all the remaining heads started shaking as well.

"Very, well. We will adjourn the meeting. Let's get back to work." I announced and all of them rushed out of the room as if I had put their asses on fire. Well if you see it that way, I did fire someone during the meeting and that was a bit cruel even for me.

I sighed and picked up my phone.

"Jennifer, ask Mr. ...ummm" What was his name again?

"Whoever I fired five minutes ago to come meet me in the office."

"You are not going to double fire him, are you?" She whispered in the phone.

"There is no such thing Jennifer. Now please can you ask him to come into my office?"

"Right away Miss. Smith and his name is Paul Anderson."

"Thanks." I said and disconnected the phone.

What is wrong with me? I never talk to the employees let alone re-hiring them. Heck I do not even think about re-hiring them. I think Josh's good side is crawling up on me. Thinking of him brought a small smile on my lips. Maybe he isn't that bad of an influence.

The knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Come in."

A man with blue eyes and shaggy hair walked in. He was wearing a beige suit and his purple tie hung a little lose around his neck. His hair looked like he had been running his hands through them repeatedly.

"Yes?" I asked looking straight at him.

"You asked for me m'am?" His voice was a little husky.

"Yes Mr. Anderson, I did." I said looking up at him.

He stood there awkwardly, unable to decide what to do or say.

"Have a seat Mr. Anderson."

He walked in, opened the button of his coat, pulled the chair and sat in front of me. His posture looked quite composed. He did not want to show me that he was freaking out from the inside. The corner of my eyes narrowed as I stared at him.

"I won't beat around the bush Mr. Anderson. You made a fair point and I did not by firing you. I like your confidence. Just for future references, restrict yourself from gossiping outside my cabin about how much of a bitch I am and don't carry a pink file."

His eyes jumped out of his sockets as he realized I heard whatever he was talking about me outside. He opened his mouth to speak, probably to apologize but I raised my hand to stop him before he could comprehend a sentence.

"If I am marrying a multi-billionaire Mr. Anderson, be glad because that's how you are going to get better allowances and bonuses this Christmas. So use your hands more than that mouth of yours."