CHAPTER 6

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE.  THIS IS SHORT AND UNEDITED. HAPPY READING. ;)

                                                                       CHAPTER 6

The sound of a door bell ringing pulled me back from my slumber. I lifted my upper body from the couch slightly and rubbed the back of my neck which I think I have sprained by sleeping in an awkward position. Yawning, I got up from the couch and walked to the door. Josh stood on the other side with a goofy smile plastered on his face, holding some packets in his hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"You texted me?" The smile dropped from his face immediately. I looked at him confused and then it hit me. The text, of-course. The one I sent him asking him to come over.

"Yeah. Sorry. Come in." I opened the door wider and stepped aside to let him in. Josh walked in and went straight to the kitchen.

"Sorry, took me so long. I had classes this morning." He put the packets down and turned towards me.

"Of-course, that is alright. I completely forgot you are still in university. Sorry for bothering you." I said.

"You are never a bother Kat. How many times do I need to tell you?" He gave me a disappointed look.

I gave him a flat smile. Josh stepped closer to me and put his palm on my forehead.

"Still warm. I think we should go to the doctor." He said frowning.

"No. That is not needed. I will be fine." I said removing his hand from my head. My eyes landed on his wrist watch and went wide as I realized the time.

"It's five already? How long did I sleep?"

"Four hours I guess. You needed the rest." He said.

"I guess." I sighed.

"What's in those packets?" I asked eyeing the two packets now sitting on my kitchen counter.

"I brought some Chinese, thought you might be hungry."

My stomach grumbled in response. My cheeks heated up with embarrassment. Josh chuckled lightly.

"Seems you are. Go sit, I will grab the plates for you." He said pushing me towards the small glass dining table situated beside the kitchen counter. I pulled out a chair and sat on it, leaning my body on the table.

Are you wondering why almost everything around me is made up of glass? It is to remind me how delicate everything or everyone around us is. One wrong move and everything comes crumbling down right in front you and no matter how hard you try to fix it, the cracks are still visible.

"So how come you came home early?" Josh asked putting a bowl in front of me and taking a seat opposite me.

So that is how I spent the next two hours, explaining to him my encounter with Ryder. How he and Joffery Parker are connected and how I passed out in front of my ex- husband.

"Wow and here I thought only TV serials can be that dramatic." He said amused.

"Oh it's not everything." I said gulping down my soup right from the bowl like a cavewoman.

"There is more?" he asked raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, apparently Ryder threatened me."

"Threatened you?" Josh chocked on his food.

"Yes." I said after a minute when he finally calmed down.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't actually know but he said something along 'I will not lose this time Kat. I will get what I want.'" I mimicked Ryder's deep voice and Josh laughed out.