CHAPTER 19

Author's note: Hey guys. How are you all? Sorry for this late up but exams are over and so is college so here I am. Back and in action. Hold on tight because there's a hell of drama coming your way. Happy reading. Don't forget to vote and comment. 

CHAPTER 19

I did not realize how the day passed. Josh promised me one of the best days of my life as we walked out of the front door of my apartment, away from all the worries, all the dramas and where I am sober enough to remember everything. And it was indeed one of the best days of my life after years of crying and self loathing.

"I feel like I am in high school again." I said as I pushed my feet to get the swing into motion. Josh was sitting on one beside me and here were we, together watching the sunset at a park. After a crazy day at a gaming zone where I won a hell lot of tickets and bought a stuffed crocodile with it that was sitting on Josh' lap right now, he brought me to the park where we had a little picnic.

I turned my head towards him, his face glowing red under the sinking sun rays. A smile appeared on his face flashing me his dimple that melted my heart every time.

"That's a good thing, right?" he rubbed the back of his neck.

"That's the best thing in years. Thank you, Josh. I needed this before facing whatever manipulation my father is going to play on." I sighed remembering I have a big day tomorrow.

Josh had taken my phone away so I could not contact Jennifer or even Joffery and ask them to spill the beans. So I am still left in the dark about tomorrow's events and now that I think about it, it was a good thing. I cannot stop my father from doing what he is up to so why harass myself thinking about it? Whatever happens, I will deal with it tomorrow.

I felt Josh getting off the swing and standing in front of me. He pulled on the chains and stopped mine. I looked at him, pouting slightly and slightly confused. Josh sat on his knees and in front of me. He took my hands in his and looked into my eyes.

"Kat, I am sure it's just some official announcement. You need to relax." He said.

"As much as I know my father Josh, he won't let this Ryder thing go. I am sure he is up to something but then again I don't know him enough even after all these years."

"I am here Kat, to face this all with you."

I sighed and looked into his eyes. I feel horrible for dragging him into my life that is such a mess but I could not be more thankful to him for being there no matter what. I leant forward and placed a small kiss on left cheek. Josh' smile grew wider and it was so contagious, I found myself smiling along him.

I hopped from the swing and stretched my hand for him to take.

"C'mon, I want some ice cream." I said. He took my hand and stood up.

After the ice cream, Josh dropped me home.

"Call me tomorrow if you need me. I will be there." He handed me my phone, kissed my forehead and left.

I checked my phone only to find fifteen missed calls and guess the majority of them belonged to whom?

Yep, Ryder Black.

I ignored the calls and decided to take a shower before going to sleep. I need all the energy for tomorrow.

I woke up the next morning with an annoying phone call. I picked it up after my phone went off for the third time.

"Miss Smith, where are you?" I could sense the panic in Jennifer's voice.

"Sleeping. Why are you calling me so early?"